It's fowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
The other day qued up a chicken on the rotisserie.
Seasoned with salt,pepper,paprika,granulated garlic (plus whole cloves inside cavity in addition to rosemary)
Cooked until IT was 165 f.
rotesserie chicken1.JPG
rotesserie chicken2.JPG
Ready to to cut and serve. rotesserie chicken 3.JPG after a rest...from the merry goround.
rotesserie chicken4.JPG
served with asparagus sauteed in evoo garlic, thyme, salt pepper, as well as tomato (not pictured) in a redwine vinaigrette.
The next eve to spruce some of the lefty overs up.
heated a breast in micro (50 sec) then in to the hot oven after being slathered in bbq sauce. Severed up with a hasselback potato (seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, garlic), and asparagus

Attachments

• rotesserie chicken 5.JPG
    rotesserie chicken 5.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 37
That's some great looking chicken!! Love the rotisserie setup, wish I was able to do something like that.

Looks amazing!! Rotisserie over fire or coal is the one thing currently missing from my Arsenal. Your results speak to why I need to fix that.

Thanks all...best thing about using the rotisserie, is you put it on and walk away (though it helps if you know how long to cook)...you really don't have to pay to much attention to it. Unless you are also basting it, then that is all timing. Saw a neat hack on u tube or another forum...but the guy rubber banded his wireless transmitter to handle of rotisserie inserted prob to meat..since both were going around together, no tangled wire, etc. so he could read IT. Going to try it next time.

Thanks all...best thing about using the rotisserie, is you put it on and walk away (though it helps if you know how long to cook)...you really don't have to pay to much attention to it. Unless you are also basting it, then that is all timing. Saw a neat hack on u tube or another forum...but the guy rubber banded his wireless transmitter to handle of rotisserie inserted prob to meat..since both were going around together, no tangled wire, etc. so he could read IT. Going to try it next time.
reminds me of the old Showtime Rotisserie: 'just set it and forget it!" Clever idea rubberbanding the wireless tx to the handle.

Great job and beautiful bird, looks really tasty! Congrats on a well deserved ride on the spinner!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky