• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Its 68 degress here in NJ, so I decided to smoke my 1st chicken! QVIEW!

chaze215

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 20, 2011
I got out of work a lil early and decided to fire up my CCSV. Im about 90 mins in and the IT is at 118 as we speak. The bird is just under 5#, so it shouldnt take that long. Oh yeah.....also doin some ABTs as well :-) QVIEW to follow. Stay tuned...

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
What temp are you smoking at? I like to smoke chicken at 275 it helps crisp the skin up.

chaze215

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 20, 2011
I have it running at around 250. The IT seems to be slowly climbing to the finish line at 170.

chaze215

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 20, 2011
Here ya go guys:

ABTs

Chicken out of the smoker:

Nice and juicy!

Next smoke preview: Boston Butt

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
looks great........

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Chaz, great looking ABT's and man that bird looks delicious!  Looks like your going to stay busy with the Butt, good looking rub on that thing!  Good job Chaz, keep up the good work and the Qview if for no other reason than to keep me hungry! Take care!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Excellent job there Chaz, that bird looked so moist & tender. Great Qview. Can't wait to see the butt.

Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
All looks real good Chaz!

Thanks for the Views,

Bear

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
That chicken looks perfect. Nice job. How's Jersey lookin next week? I have to go to Little Ferry for work. It's near Newark.

smokin relaxin steve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
That chicken looks perfect. Nice job. How's Jersey lookin next week? I have to go to Little Ferry for work. It's near Newark.
Looks up & down in temp high 50s to low 30s... Tues. a slight chance of snow... still better than our recent weeks...

lilricky

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 13, 2011
that yard bird looks awesome, as do the abt's. let us know how the bb turns out

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Good looking goodies there Chaz. You sure that's a chicken?? or a small turkey...lol...I know Jersey is the Garden State but it looks like they know how to raise chickens as well. Congrats on the banner run....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.