Italian meatball fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heymirth

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Detroit MI
I made an Italian seasoned fatty last night.
My kids love meatballs and sauce so I took my recipe for meatballs and made a fatty. I layered the inside with strings of Motz cheese other seasoning. The weave went well and the inside taste was awesome.
I'm still pretty disappointed in the bacon not firming up. I know it needs a higher temp but come on, it seems like such a waste of bacon when the back side of the bacon is still chewy
I don't think I'll be doing much more of theses. But here are some pics to show.

Last edited:
I used mostly beef but took a mild Italian sausage and took the casing off and mixed it in. My kids don't like it too spicy. It added great flavor.
If I had the extra groceries, I would if added some sun dried tomatoes and some peppers and some Parmesan bread crumbs instead of the only basic ones I had. I did roll the log in crumb Parmesan cheese before the weave

You could also take the fatty off 5 or so degrees before done and put that thing in the oven on broil to crisp up the bacon.  I did it and it came out great!

Reactions: humdinger
Not bad heymirth. I never thought to mix in sausage. Good tip. I also noticed your a local guy too! When you get a chance, be sure to click on the link in my signature block below and join the Michigan members group. Hope to se emore from you soon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky