It Was So Hot Out Today....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
I actually had to drink ice tea rather than beer! That’s hot!
5864647E-9B78-481B-8581-BFABF467AF14.jpeg

I bet that's a John Daly (vodka iced tea) in that jar.
Nice yard!!!

I had a job that took me to military bases in the South. My work day was early so I was free before 15:00. Without fail I would go find some local Q and at almost every place they wouldn't even ask if I wanted tea; I'd get it automatically.

There's something about tea in hot weather, something bitter or maybe "astringent" is the word I want. .It's like drinking aspirin.

Dang that was some good Q, too. I learned a lot.

It can actually get too hot to drink beer!? I’ve yet to experience that.

I will say it’s never too cold to drink beer in PA. In fact, beer left outside in the snow magically tastes better than being in a fridge.

What about beer in a frosted mug? That will work right?

Well there was that beer party in an Ohio farmhouse when the temperature was something like -3F and my mug of beer would develop these long fingers of ice on the surface if I didn't drink it fast enough.

I remember a time, as a very young man, when I was standing 4hr watch in a 135°F engine room. First hour you'd quit sweating and your shirt would crack from the dried out sweat salts. TRUST ME, it was NOT TOO HOT for beer!

Three hotspots for me. That ship in SE Asia, a fire aboard ship (I was a firefighter) and under the pre-heat grate of a kiln that finished iron oar pellets.

When I was there, The Great Alaskan Bush Company (bar), in Anchorage, shared employees with the bar in Soldotna...

When I was there, The Great Alaskan Bush Company (bar), in Anchorage, shared employees with the bar in Soldotna...
Umm yes. Very famous place. LOL. My layover is in Anchorage Wednesday night. I’ll tell everyone Brother Dave said hello! B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky