• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

It Was So Hot Out Today....

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I am not sure that iced tea.

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I bet that's a John Daly (vodka iced tea) in that jar.
Nice yard!!!

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
I had a job that took me to military bases in the South. My work day was early so I was free before 15:00. Without fail I would go find some local Q and at almost every place they wouldn't even ask if I wanted tea; I'd get it automatically.

There's something about tea in hot weather, something bitter or maybe "astringent" is the word I want. .It's like drinking aspirin.

Dang that was some good Q, too. I learned a lot.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
It can actually get too hot to drink beer!? I’ve yet to experience that.

I will say it’s never too cold to drink beer in PA. In fact, beer left outside in the snow magically tastes better than being in a fridge.

What about beer in a frosted mug? That will work right?

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
Well there was that beer party in an Ohio farmhouse when the temperature was something like -3F and my mug of beer would develop these long fingers of ice on the surface if I didn't drink it fast enough.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 15, 2018
I remember a time, as a very young man, when I was standing 4hr watch in a 135°F engine room. First hour you'd quit sweating and your shirt would crack from the dried out sweat salts. TRUST ME, it was NOT TOO HOT for beer!

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 1, 2014
The hottest I've been in was in southern Arizona, hitchhiking in 113F. It was like walking around in a hair dryer.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 15, 2018
Three hotspots for me. That ship in SE Asia, a fire aboard ship (I was a firefighter) and under the pre-heat grate of a kiln that finished iron oar pellets.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I was in a bar in Soldotna Alaska... It was hot, Really HOT !!!!

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
When I was there, The Great Alaskan Bush Company (bar), in Anchorage, shared employees with the bar in Soldotna...

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
When I was there, The Great Alaskan Bush Company (bar), in Anchorage, shared employees with the bar in Soldotna...
Umm yes. Very famous place. LOL. My layover is in Anchorage Wednesday night. I’ll tell everyone Brother Dave said hello! B

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks