It snowed last night....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
DSCF0487.JPG

Time to try and hook up the snow blower to my tractor... only hitch is my rototiller is still hooked up...

man, that's a big first snow!! we are forecast to get rain starting tomorrow and changing to snow by thursday-friday with only a couple of inches. hopefully no ice.

Reactions: daveomak

"It snowed last night...."​

WOW, it sure did. We don't see that much snow in 10-15 years around here. That would completely paralyze us...

Hey, I'm back... Talk about power outages... Seems the company would get it back on and "blink" out again... I've had trees come down on my place... Maybe 3 or 4... Haven't been out to check... Got the tiller unhooked... The blower hooked up to the tractor... The blower likes about 6 inches max... My reverse on the tractor is a very high gear... if the blower was on the front, it would work awesome in my 24 speed Golden Jubilee... I think it was about 20 inches... Just about to my knee...
Power company was really busy... I talked to the operator and he said the guys were switching substation stuff like crazy trying to keep everyone up and running...
No, this ain't normal... we usually might get 3-6 inches the end of November and it lasts until March... The good news, it thawed just enough to cap the snow in ice before the winds and drifts came...
My back blade would have NEVER cleared that snow out... Good thing I bought the blower a few years ago...
I'm getting a new to me John Deere 401 construction tractor with a quick removal front bucket... I've already planned on an easy change bracket to put on the front I will mount my blower to... Pictures when I get that done... Hopefully before the real snow falls in February... I'm planning on a hydraulic motor to mount where the PTO shaft is on the blower... I will be able to plow driving forward... that will be a relief...

snow blower2 001.JPG

This is the only "decent" picture I have of it... 72" wide... That is a blade I can drop to clean out in front of stuff I can't get to... The power pole section is for weight... the blade is too light... There's a small 12v winch visible near the top of the picture to raise and lower the back blade...

Wow. I hate snow. We don't get that much usually anymore. Back when I was a kid we would get feet of snow. Now not so much.

That's a batch for 1 go-around, wow !
Was out deer hunting today, freezing rain all day. Very hard to even stay on the gravel roads. Suppose to get up to 2' of snow thru tomorrow night. Just got done cleaning up leaves so haven't got the blower on the JD X380 yet. Going on tomorrow. Hope their prediction is way off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky