Is this still good.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Whats the different kind of deal that is used to produce "Aged Meats" that is different than the aging you were doing in your refrigerator? I would look at it and do the smell test as my number one decision makers. The outside will degrade and be detectable way before the inside can deteriorate.

Whats the different kind of deal that is used to produce "Aged Meats" that is different than the aging you were doing in your refrigerator? I would look at it and do the smell test as my number one decision makers. The outside will degrade and be detectable way before the inside can deteriorate.
The tray that you buy meat in that's wrapped in plastic like his is bad because it traps the moisture inside the package causing bacteria to multiply rapidly and speed up spoilage. Cryovaced meat has a slightly longer shelf life because most of the air has been removed. What you are referring to are umai bags. They are porous and allow moisture to escape while the meat ages. With that said you can't just leave a piece of meet in the fridge, forget about it, and call it dry aging

The tray that you buy meat in that's wrapped in plastic like his is bad because it traps the moisture inside the package causing bacteria to multiply rapidly and speed up spoilage. Cryovaced meat has a slightly longer shelf life because most of the air has been removed. What you are referring to are umai bags. They are porous and allow moisture to escape while the meat ages. With that said you can't just leave a piece of meet in the fridge, forget about it, and call it dry aging
So I shouldn't eat that 4 year old hot dog I found in the back of the fridge?

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw and gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky