Is my method going to work?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iceman6409

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Rochester, NY
So I am brand new to this cold smoking thing. I would like to cold smoke some hard boiled egg halves and make deviled eggs. I have a small smoker tube and a bullet style electric smoker. Would it work if I boil the eggs, let them cool, peel, cut in half and put in electric smoker (no heat) and use JUST the smoker tube with pellets in it? I know to keep temperature down and will wait for a cool day or night. Otherwise would this work?

Quite simply yes remember somethings are rocket science most are not follow food safety guidelines and have fun.

Yes just make sure you have airflow you don’t want stagnant smoke lots of great articles on all these. Alton Brown even used a cardboard box as a smoker. Lots of knowledgeable people on here but look a mr t posts for some good info (by the way smoked cheese rocks) try not too over do it with smoke. People’s taste vary with time and type of wood take notes so you can make it the way you like it every time good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky