Is it just me, or are people just plain rude these days

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The phone thing is unreal these days.... last night the wife & I went to a nice bar down the street for a

couple of drinks and some wings. Nice Friday night chiller. We're not kids - mid-50's. A couple sits down

a few tables away and next thing you hear is it sounds like an emergency worker (fireman/cop/EMT) radio

is blaring. I look over, nope - some numbskull that is at least my age has his phone on the table on speakerphone

and he's carrying on a conversation. His wife, thankfully, caught me giving him the evil eye and made him

put it on normal so he actually had to hold the thing in his hand. Unreal - if you want to talk on the phone,

go home and do it. I won't even bring my phone in an establishment unless I am oncall for work. It stays

in the car.

The poster that calls them phone zombies has it about right, although I think there is a stronger term for them....

Cell phones have destroyed common sense, manners and social skills. I pity my kids' generation when none

of them know how to interact with their older peers in a job setting. Honestly, if it wasn't illegal, if I ran a business,

I'd get a cell phone blocker for the place. You want to talk to someone? Go outside where you won't annoy the

rest of the patrons.

For the original poster, unfortunately, the rudeness you experienced is becoming more and more common.

Awesome effort on your part to try to help some folks and make them feel a bit more like members of the

community. However, that would be strike 3 for all of those that failed to show. Don't blame you a bit for

being PO'd - especially with your wife going to all that effort. You can always bring some of those leftovers to

work and give them to the folks that showed up - in front of those that didn't!

Hang in there - there are decent folks out there (like the ones that did show). Just write off the losers and move on.

jb

Hi Gary...this might be a little off the subject but your wife's stuffing sounds amazing!

Is there any chance she is willing to share the recipe?  Please?

canada-flag-14.gif

Bill

any more these days people have lost all of their common sense and manners.

Wife and i were at a restaurant one day couple weeks ago and some people that had their ahem kids with them running around wouldn't restrain them or correct them. well the one came up looked at my wife's plate and snatched a biscuit off of it. I asked the parents to please restrain them and teach them some manners all I got was kids will be kids. if i would of acted like that when i was a kid i wouldn't of been able to sit down for a month lol.

I have had people say yes we will be there when invited for a bbq and then they don't show or have the decency to call and say something came up and cant make it. yep people are rude.

pgsmoker64 i agree with you that stuffing does sound good.

Hey PG

Yes Linda will share the recipe. Wont be for a couple of days tho.  Her parents are in a rest home in Calgary and she goes down every month for a fewf days.  This is her couple of days.  Will post when she returns.

Gary

Hey PG

Yes Linda will share the recipe. Wont be for a couple of days tho.  Her parents are in a rest home in Calgary and she goes down every month for a fewf days.  This is her couple of days.  Will post when she returns.

Gary
Sounds great Gary!  Please start a new thread and make it something recognizable.  I bet I'm not the only one who wants to try this stuffing!!!!

Thanks again,

Bill

I agree that society has taken a turn for the rude and disrespectful road. I would love to be invites to a dinner like that.

I am guilty for parts of the phone zombie thing. I do not answer my phone when out to eat. When in public I turn it to silent, wife does not and she was getting the stink eye from me now it is comments too. It is just all the time and very loud.

My wife planned a party for her mom, birthday and retirement. She had about 80 people say they were coming. Only maybe 20 showed, mostly family. She was devastated and still asked me why. All I can say is people are rude and inconsiderate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky