• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Irish vs. English

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation between the British and the Irish, off the coast of Kerry in October 1998. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-01:

IRISH: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid a collision.

IRISH: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: This is the Captain of a British navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

IRISH: Negative. I say again, You will have to divert YOUR course.

BRITISH: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER HMS BRITANNIA! THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE BRITISH ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS, AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT IS 15 DEGREES
NORTH, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE
THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

IRISH: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

guido

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 28, 2006
HA! Been a while since I heard that.
I need to find the transcript of the conversation with the tower at Heathrow... funny funny stuff....

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
LMAO!!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
That's funny.
I don't about Irish, but English definitely works best on the billiards table.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.