Insurance coverage for my mobile cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignout

Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
NE Georgia
Does anyone here insure their cooker / smoker? I would like to get insurance for theft and maybe some liability coverage to cover my cooker at events. Who would insure a mobile cooker / grill? I have asked a few insurance companies and have come up with nothing but funny looks so far. Thanks

Just thinking, that if you had a business liscense, say for a bbq catering company, you should be able to insure it through a business, but I'm not sure on this.

I would talk to the folks that you have your liability insurance with. I own my own bussiness to and thats who offered me some tool insurance.

As a non commercial guy, my auto and homeowners policy's cover me for $3000 theft, collision and act of god.

It does go back to your goals. It sounds like your current Insurance Agents really don't do Business.

If you are event cooking, you need good Liability. Whoever sells that should Understand Equipment Insurance as well.

By Goals, I mean are you trying to simply get the minmum cost or trying to really protect yourself? I like Sleeping at night Myself.

I see Progressive was mentioned. They are my Auto. I Love them. They pulled through for me when another driver was at fault and his Insurance Company was balking. I am a loyal customer because of how they treated me when I finally did need them!

I dont know about the insurance but nice gear there!!! and i think bubba burger should sponsor you, thats alot of their burgers you have bought.

I just insured mine with ALLSTATE. My agent told me the only way to make sure I had the right coverage was to go commercial. So I had to get a commercail policy on my truck also in order to get the deal written. First thing he asked me was I going to take off my property, and the second was are you being paid. I fugured better to be straight with the guy just to be safe. Mine only went up like $50 a year after a few small changes to my policy.

My State Farm agent told me that my home owners policy will cover any theft and my auto insurance covers any towed trailers. When I make the move to Catering/Event Vending they can set me up with Liability.

My State Farm agent told me they would not insure it with any liability coverage. They will insure it for theft. I finally got a policy on it through the same company that insures my Glass business, they will cover it for theft and for liability. It is an expense that I don’t need, but the way times are theses days you need to have liability coverage if your cooking for the public. I cook for these events for free and have never charged anyone, that may have to change.
icon_sad.gif

Bubba Burger has always treated me right. They have a plant in my home town and help me out with burgers from time to time. The most I ever cooked at one event was 1100. I will cook about 900 next week between two events for the Special Olympics at UGA. If you have never tried them they are a great burger.
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky