InkBird - No longer in business??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwdunlap

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
Jul 3, 2016
Richardson, Texas (Dallas)
I have a IBT-6XS BBQ Bluetooth Thermometer and really like it! BUT... I lost the charger cable and need a new one. Over the last two months I have sent 3 emails to InkBird "Support" (per their website) to order a new one with no response back. ARE THEY OUT OF BUSINESS? I've called three times and always get the same busy signal.

Pretty sure that is just a micro-usb cable. Same cable fits my headphones and Inkbird 4xs.

I had a 4X too but sent it to my son when I bought the 6X. So, I don't have the 4X charger to compare. However, as I remember, the two charge cables were different and not interchangeable. I have researched online for a cable to fit into the 6X but still not sure what it takes. The 6X has an odd plug-in that I have not found a match for.

That is why I tried to contact Inkbird (three times by their "support" email and three times by phone) to no avail and why I question now if they are still operating. Two months and no contact makes me question if InkBird backs their users.

I plan to contact Amazon (the seller) in hopes they can provide a solution. I just want to order a replacement charger cable.

Lets see if Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq sees this thread and can help you out. I exchanged PM's with her last week.

the 6x is not a standard usb, its rounded on all 4 corners sort of a smashed oval if that makes sense

Hi there,
The IBT-6XS uses "Type C" charger cable. You can go to the mall and buy one. If you want us to send you one, we should send it to you from China, you don't need to pay for the charger cable, but you will pay for the shipping. It will more expensive than the charger cable lol. If you want us to send you one, please PM me. I will help.

Thanks!

Miya

Hi there,
The IBT-6XS uses "Type C" charger cable. You can go to the mall and buy one. If you want us to send you one, we should send it to you from China, you don't need to pay for the charger cable, but you will pay for the shipping. It will more expensive than the charger cable lol. If you want us to send you one, please PM me. I will help.

Thanks!

Miya
My cell phone uses the type c cable and can be found in most gas stations around here. Shouldn't be hard for him to find for around 5 bucks

Last edited:
Somehow I lost my cable for the 6X and it's not turned up all week. Today, as the Inkbird was running low on charge, I went digging through the drawer of cables and connectors and voila -- in the bottom I found a little mini-USB to USB-C connector. Coupled to a standard mini-USB cable, that did the trick.

Now I've gotta figure out how to repair the probe with the plug I melted. Lesson learned, don't get the plugs too close to your smoker on a hot smoke!

Somehow I lost my cable for the 6X and it's not turned up all week. Today, as the Inkbird was running low on charge, I went digging through the drawer of cables and connectors and voila -- in the bottom I found a little mini-USB to USB-C connector. Coupled to a standard mini-USB cable, that did the trick.

Now I've gotta figure out how to repair the probe with the plug I melted. Lesson learned, don't get the plugs too close to your smoker on a hot smoke!

Probes are something I expect to get damaged overtime. Im now sure if it’s just me or everyone but
I just look at them as if they are gonna go bad at some point.

Thank you for identifying the right charge cable is a "C" type. I've ordered one from Amazon and should be able to confirm Tuesday.

Not impressed however with Inkbird's lack of response to my requests six time over two months.

Amazon lost my order for the USB-C cable but obtained another which charges just fine!!
To date, still no response from InkBird "support." Two months and not answering the phone leaves me to wonder if they are indeed... still in business.

Glad to hear the cable worked out for you, in any case. It occurred to me that I could have misidentified the cable and led you astray... that would have been bad!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky