Inkbird IRF-4S probes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
I need to buy a replacement probe for it but can't find one for a IRF-4S. Is there a probe from a different model Inkbird that will work?

Was going to say, contact our Inkbird Rep. They have great Customer service. ..JJ

Okay, stupid question here, perhaps. If the rubber tips on the end of the probes ( I have the IBBQ-4T) are worn away by user error, will the temperature readings in the pit be inaccurate? I did not secure one properly several months ago and it fell on to the grate side my pit and sort of melted, exposing the metal end of the probe.

Okay, stupid question here, perhaps. If the rubber tips on the end of the probes ( I have the IBBQ-4T) are worn away by user error, will the temperature readings in the pit be inaccurate? I did not secure one properly several months ago and it fell on to the grate side my pit and sort of melted, exposing the metal end of the probe.

Take the tips off before using.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
Take the tips off before using.
Jeez...I do feel stupid. I read the manual and didn't see that in there. Well, my pit was reading about 250 and the Inkbird was showing around 300. I guess the probe would retain heat.

Sorry y'all. And thanks for the reply.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky