Inkbird IBT-6xt connection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Anyone have one of these and have any troubles? I was running the smokehouse yesterday and running batch on the stove. So, I needed two temp probes. I had my IBT-6XT on the smokehouse and ET-733 monitoring the braunschweiger on the stove for IT and water temp. The Inkbird just quit connecting to my phone. It read all the temps on the unit, but the phone wasn't receiving anything. I powered off the remote unit and closed the phone app and restarted both and nothing on the phone. 1/2 hour later it was working and dropped out. Maybe they can't work in the cold??

Anyone have any problems like this or have an idea?

This unit temp range is 32° F ~ 572 ° F; (Short-time measurement); 32° F~ 482 ° F (continuous monitoring). What's the temp of your room temp?

It is "outside" as I do not have a smokehouse inside. First I am talking about the outside unit not the probes. No electronics can work to 572° that would only be the probes. I work with hardened electronics and most can't still handle over 150° and some to -20 to -40.

So, This can't be used outside in the winter unless its warm that day. I guess its back to my ET-733 if it's cold out.

Last edited:
I would give Inkbird a call. I have the 4XS and use it outside in very cold temps without any problems, in fact the Bluetooth rang on this little device never ceases to amaze me, compared to other devices I have.

This unit temp range is 32° F ~ 572 ° F; (Short-time measurement); 32° F~ 482 ° F (continuous monitoring). What's the temp of your room temp?

hi inkbird,

i have the thermometer and although the app bbq go is okay, is it compatible with other apps?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky