Inkbird ibbq-4T offline issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

P0PZ

Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Hi everyone.

So I've just brought the inkbird ibbq-4T, haven't used it yet just playing around setting it up and so on. I'm using the inkbird pro app not sure if that has anything to do with it

I'm having an alarm go off every 45min-1hr, its an offline alarm.
I turn the unit off by holding the power button, close the app and then i get the alarm.
If it clear or dismiss the alarm it just reactivates within the hour. What am I doing wrong?

Please any advice would be much appreciated

Hi everyone.

So I've just brought the inkbird ibbq-4T, haven't used it yet just playing around setting it up and so on. I'm using the inkbird pro app not sure if that has anything to do with it

I'm having an alarm go off every 45min-1hr, its an offline alarm.
I turn the unit off by holding the power button, close the app and then i get the alarm.
If it clear or dismiss the alarm it just reactivates within the hour. What am I doing wrong?

Please any advice would be much appreciated
Hey friend,

Please don't worry, will help you solve it well.
Please send us a message about your device ID, will let our tech team have a check.

• Love
Reactions: negolien
I sent a message to inkbird but as yet haven't heard back.
I used It yesterday and its only happened 3 times since I finished using it, so hopefully it sorted itself

I'll update if it happens again

I sent a message to inkbird but as yet haven't heard back.
I used It yesterday and its only happened 3 times since I finished using it, so hopefully it sorted itself

I'll update if it happens again
Our tech are following it now, will help u solve it

So Its been 5 days since I used the probe and have had no alarms or alerts, I used it for smoke a ham for xmas, no problems everything worked as expected, turned it off and closed the app when cooking was done.

A little over an hour later get an alarm on my phone saying the device is offline, seems what ever the issue is it hasn't resolved itself

Did Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq get back to you on the issues?

Ryan
They did , they checked a log of the probe device, according to the tech guys the offline alarm is triggered by a drop in wifi signal.
but that makes no sense to me as the device is turned off so there should be no signal and it shouldn't be able to trigger an alarm.

So as yet I haven't had anything helpful from them regarding a way to resolve the issue.

Hi,

Mine has done this a couple of times , and like you it confused me as the main was shut off. But my phone thought it was just a disconnect from the unit ( off line like you mentioned ) so I just go to app on phone and " X " out the unit from the screen itself as it thinks it is just off line.

Hope that made sense,

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hi,

Mine has done this a couple of times , and like you it confused me as the main was shut off. But my phone thought it was just a disconnect from the unit ( off line like you mentioned ) so I just go to app on phone and " X " out the unit from the screen itself as it thinks it is just off line.

Hope that made sense,

David
That made perfect sense, I'm definitely gonna try that. Slightly strange that it happens but that sounds like a perfect solution.
Thank you david

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky