Ink bird 6 probe review live

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zachd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Mn
685B0777-5752-4C4F-95A7-ED05E69E5AAB.jpeg 0FFAB619-6CBE-4F67-95B8-8FC71E02353C.png 9CCEA386-C6CF-439F-9A33-B294351BF7EE.png 372392C1-D241-4E51-849D-0CA0AC18A672.jpeg ok so there was that 50% deal on the ink bird bluetooth 6 probe thermo

Wih mixed reviews and another member said he had problem with the bluetooth I figured 25 bucks I may as well try it.

Well it has 6 probe i sert holes but inly comes with 4 probes so if you want to use all 6 you would have two more probes

So far thw bluetooth is great I am upstairs and the probe is in the driveway with no conectivity issues

The app is simple and easy to use
I have been wanting a thermo that had the capability of graphing the time and temp

So far so good I tested in ice water and it read correct didnt do boiling but will get to it eventually

For now its salmon time!

So far overall I like it and I would say even without the deal I would pay 50 bucks for it

But this is a early on review so far could change my mind if battery life isnt good or it starts doing funky stuff

Reactions: Binford 6100
Same BBQ 6X app that the other six port BT therms have. I don't activate the custom high/low ranges, presets and lost connection alert till everything is in the smoker and turn them off before removing the food. I found that tapping the colored port number allows you to assign different colors to the port but I don't think your probes are colored. They all will turn black anyway. I did use a sharpie to put the same color on the cable at the plug end so I know what is what with all the probes coming out the top vent. Touch and learn is better than instructions.

I did a quick review in the original post about it. I am pretty happy for 25 bucks. I can sit at my table and use the Bluetooth so that's all I really needed.
Ol' binford is about 35 yards from my backdoor.

Well i got caught up in cooling forgot to post... i had it set to alarm for “fish” it went off at 145 i let it go to 150

Worked perfect some of the best salmon ive made to date

Got the same. I did two smokes with it. Used two probes for grate level themps and three for meats.

Happy so far.

App runs fine. BT didnt give me troubles (small backyard). BT works even when my phone is connected to a wireless speaker (the downside of that is hearing the alarms over the loud Eagles ).

You could always buy another one as a backup Plus you would have lots of probes if 1 goes bad.
Richie

Anyone know how to change the time at the bottom of the graph?

It's in 24 hour time, which I find annoying.

As far as I know that is permanent with the time display in military time. The graph time restarts every change you make on that port and if you lose connection.

Reactions: Binford 6100
Update was cooking a brisket had 3 probes 2 in the brisket one at grate temp

Soon after wrapping brisket was reading 195 no way checked the grill grate temp and it was reading 256 even though my camp chef said grill temp was 225

Stuck one of the canp chef probes in meat as well as my maverick they both read 175

I wont be using this thermo anymore what a shame because if it was accurate i liked everything about it

I had 3 probes going in it
One at grate level and 2 in brisket

I tested it when I first got it and it was right but yesterday it was fairly obvious it was not reading right. With conformation from my two other thermos

I suppose I will test it again but I dont know if I can trust it

Call the company after testing all the probes in boiling water and try each in more than one port to make sure it's only a probe problem. I'd tag each plug with it's boil temp number and how many degrees off. I guess the probes should be all over the place at room temp on start up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky