Info on Arm Roast, Best Way to Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 29, 2009
Northern, Indiana
I am smokin' a  9.7lb Black Angus Arm Roast Tomorrow.

What is the best method ?

1) On the smoker (WSM) and to what IT, for slicing or pulling.

2) In the ground and to what IT, for slicing or pulling.

3) What would you guy's and gal's do for this hunk of meat?

Can't help with this, but I am curious also. I am doing a Buffalo Arm roast on the UDS today and have no clue how I am going to do it yet.

Guys,

I never did one, but here is a good thread by rbrantsner.

Don't mis the comment by Pops about doing it lower & slower.

Looks to me, set at 250˚, and bringing it to 140˚ or so after resting would taste great, but could be a little chewy.

Or you can cook it like a brisket---maybe 230˚, foil at 165˚, remove to cooler at 195˚ for tender slicing an hour or two later.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/95576/boneless-beef-chuck-arm-roast-with-lots-of-qview

Hope this helps,

Bear

Last edited:
I like the foil idea, gonna give that a shot I think. Maybe inject it a little and rub it down real nice. Either way it all good as long as the TBS is rolling!

I like the foil idea, gonna give that a shot I think. Maybe inject it a little and rub it down real nice. Either way it all good as long as the TBS is rolling!
If you inject it or probe it, just make sure you get the internal temp to 140˚ in no longer than 4 hours---for safety.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky