Inevitable

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I knew it had to happen sooner or later, but I guess Oct 15 isn't too bad.
Woke up this morning and looked out side. Everything was WHITE.
Gary

We've had heavy frosts and nighttime temps in the low 30*s, but thankfully no white stuff yet. Enjoy it Gary.

Chris

SO jealous! we love snow and we got none. super dry here. praying for snow

I don't know Chile, maybe, but most likely not. I tried a search after your post, all I came up with was "no data". I'll make you a bet! If it snows here this winter I'll watch a video of you eating a reaper pepper, and if it doesn't snow here I'll watch a video of you eating two of them! How's that? RAY

Reactions: JLeonard

We set the record here this summer for most days over 110º, and just broke the record for most days over 100º with 145. I haven't worn anything but shorts, tank tops, and flip flops for five months. Winter here will be in the 60's and 70's most days, brrrr, sweats and heavy socks! Enjoy your winter Chris, all huddled up around a wood burning stove! I'll just take my dog Bob over to the park a little later after things warm up. :emoji_laughing: RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
We set the record here this summer for most days over 110º, and just broke the record for most days over 100º with 145. I haven't worn anything but shorts, tank tops, and flip flops for five months. Winter here will be in the 60's and 70's most days, brrrr, sweats and heavy socks! Enjoy your winter Chris, all huddled up around a wood burning stove! I'll just take my dog Bob over to the park a little later after things warm up. :emoji_laughing: RAY

Enjoy Ray, we can always add layers to stay warm, you folks can only remove so many before your breaking the law. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses: Remember, nothing beats trying to jump start your car when it's -10 with a wind chill, or snow blowing and having the snow blow back in your face because the wind changes direction or starts to swirl.

That pool water must also feel good considering the stretch of ambient temperature you guys had, but wouldn't it feel like your swimming in a lake and having a group of little kids laughing at you when you noticed you hit a warm spot next to them. Time to ready the shovels and put the studs on the wives car. :emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Chris

Enjoy Ray, we can always add layers to stay warm, you folks can only remove so many before your breaking the law. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses: Remember, nothing beats trying to jump start your car when it's -10 with a wind chill, or snow blowing and having the snow blow back in your face because the wind changes direction or starts to swirl.

That pool water must also feel good considering the stretch of ambient temperature you guys had, but wouldn't it feel like your swimming in a lake and having a group of little kids laughing at you when you noticed you hit a warm spot next to them. Time to ready the shovels and put the studs on the wives car. :emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing: Chris

There's no staying "staying warm" when it's freezing outside Chris, there's just surviving until you can get inside and not get frostbite. There are a few tricks to keeping the pool from getting too warm, running the aerator at night is one of the best. Before I learned the ins and outs of the pool last summer I actually dumped in a couple hundred pounds of ice one day when the pool temp reached 90º, which feels pretty darned good when it's 113º in the shade. We've got a guy coming this Monday to give us a quote for installing commercial grade misters at the patio, I figure just short of $3K. It's amazing how things can change and the adjustments we make. I used to spend hours in a freezing duck blind or deer hunting in the snow occasionally, now my hands just don't work in that kind of weather. Now when it's 113º in the shade of my patio I don't even break a sweat, I used to get miserable when it was 95º.

Be real careful with that snow shovel Chris! The way I understand is that a lot of men drop dead every winter shoveling snow

Very true Ray. We all acclimate to our environments. We visited my wife's grandmother in St Louis a few years back, and I was sweating 24/7 even while taking a cold shower. The heat and humidity were brutal. Up here in winter I very seldom wear my winter coat, usually just a fleece jacket. I got burned one time when my truck broke down and I had to walk a few miles to get to a store(I don't have a cell phone). That really $ucked. I normally smoke year round except for last year, and don't really mind it unless it's windy. I hope your misters work. I couldn't stand your weather for the first couple of years, but I do hear it's good for arthritis.

Chris

Edit: We're still looking to retire somewhere in the south. Daughter lives in Georgia and we want the tax breaks. We get taxed to high heaven up here. I guess I'll have to sell the ice fishing gear. LOL

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky