Indoor Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WildewoodBBQ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
What’s up everyone??!!!?!?

Well I felt motivated by some pictures earlier this morning in chat as well as Jake’s comp he is partaking in(kick ass and smoke the best meat man!). So I rubbed up some pork ribs around noon to marinate for a little bit.

Unfortunately, my pregnant wife HATES the smoker smell, so I just was resigned to doing them in the oven.. hey, they are still delicious ribs, just not smoky

I’ve noticed a lot of the 3/2/1 method discussed here, and seen some adaptations to 2/2/1.. well due to time constraints, I went 2/1.5/.5 and for the last half hour, I had put my homemade bbq sauce on them, and cranked up the temp to 350*. I was roasting some diced potatoes as a side, so I needed the higher temp to help crisp them up a little bit.

So the first two hours at 250 went pretty uneventful, especially since I was in our oven, but I did check the IT, and it was 150-160 across the ribs. Here is an action shot of the ribs after two hours.. 269A3A1A-0696-4FAA-B820-2A9BAA448AB7.jpeg

So I’d planned on doing a two wrap in peach paper, however as I mentioned, time constraints knocked it down to 90 minutes. After the 90 minutes, I was ranging 180ish, which I was pretty happy with.

5B65133A-F9A6-409C-AEC0-BD6D3F117686.jpeg

At this point, I wanted to sauce the ribs, and bring up the temp in the oven since I was also doing potatoes and had some crunch time to get dinner ready.. I basted with my aforementioned homemade sauce and then also put about a cup of apple juice in the pan to help prevent burning bits and assist in a pseudo oven steam..

558ABC58-F337-4655-AB1D-9558F34696DE.jpeg

After the 30ish minutes were up, I pulled the ribs out and they were registering 185-195, I was happy with that.. the apple juice had condensed and with some of the bbq sauce that had fallen into it, I was able to turn it into a nice little saucy slurry to baste the ribs in again before serving.

1248183B-D30D-41E2-AC34-95585EFE8CB3.jpeg 05C18A63-554A-4272-85AC-C21C6A37FF5C.jpeg

With the oven cranked up, the potatoes finished while the ribs were resting. Also, I did a quick frozen bag of creamed spinach as the vegetable, and doctored that up with some salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a quick turn of the nutmeg grinder..

I start cutting the ribs, and they are coming out perfect.

6C46EEA8-FB51-45A2-AE03-EACA12760B1A.jpeg

Well this is one of my first Qview, and certainly not the last! Here is a plated shot of my dinner and also one for the kid.. we make sure they eat whatever we eating, so that way they aren’t as picky hopefully..

34E398A8-12BA-475D-BBBF-B7F7ECF1B135.jpeg
7BACB156-8F92-49E9-8EB7-5941ACB5F534.jpeg

Anyway, enjoy the views, I apologize for a non smoking Qview!!

The remnants...
4AC9B99D-4EFB-434B-9540-C3B143AFD427.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that. I do Oven Ribs and Pulled Pork, during the Winter months. I'm too old to stand in a foot of Snow on a 10° day messing around with a smoker for 6 hours!...JJ

Reactions: WildewoodBBQ
Nothing wrong with using the oven man, that's what they're for, and that rack looks great! Now myself, I smoke all year long, just have to jump into the pool every half hour during the summer months. RAY

Oven YIKES next you'll say you used liquid smoke lol just kidding looks like a great meal and we gotta do what we gotta do to keep them pregnant women happy congrats on that to.

Thanks all for the likes!

Lol Piney, liquid smoke... I can proudly say I have not ever bought any, and have no plan to ever buy it..

Thanks for the congrats as well Piney, #3 on the way, this one was a total surprise for us..

I can’t wait to get my OKJ up and running, lol much to her dismay.

Hopefully after the baby comes she'll enjoy the smoke again
Post up some pics of that smoker when you get it ready to go

Hopefully after the baby comes she'll enjoy the smoke again
Post up some pics of that smoker when you get it ready to go

Lol she doesn’t really enjoy it ever..

I definitely am gonna post up the rebuild process as much as I can, and definitely the finished product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky