Independence Day Brisket Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I was trying to figure out what I wanted for dinner. Not much left in the fridge and I didn't want brisket again.

On my third trip looking thru the cupboards I spotted the box of chili powder and started putting things together.

july4_brisket_chili_001.jpg

I added more brisket, a large onion and a couple more jalapenos after this.

Onto the pit. I picked up one of those Blackstone BBQ covers and it works great.

july4_brisket_chili_002.jpg

Everything cooks faster with it.

july4_brisket_chili_003.jpg

The Hickory split was running down so I added a coastal Oak one.

july4_brisket_chili_004.jpg

Almost ready to eat.

july4_brisket_chili_005.jpg

The 22 year old grape vine is doing well. Should have some good white seedless soon.

july4_brisket_chili_006.jpg

Finished. The roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes really stood out on this bowl.

july4_brisket_chili_007.jpg

Good lookin' bowl . Love the Carroll Shelby Chili mix . If you haven't tried his white chicken chili , look for it .
Nice work bud .
I haven't heard of it but will definately look into it. I bought an 8 pack of the chili mix thinking it would last forever but only have two boxes left.

Reactions: chopsaw
Man oh man Chris, that looks spectacular!! Some awesome chili. We love it around here but this time of year it pretty much gets taken off the menu due to it being so hot...but sure is nice to see somebody enjoying it :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Man oh man Chris, that looks spectacular!! Some awesome chili. We love it around here but this time of year it pretty much gets taken off the menu due to it being so hot...but sure is nice to see somebody enjoying it :emoji_wink:

Robert
It's a good thing it doesn't get hot over here. 101.5 July 2 and 106.9 July 1. :emoji_cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
It's a good thing it doesn't get hot over here.
LOL . Exactly . The humidity almost matches the temp here . Just brutal .
I had a hot opened faced roast beef sandwich the other day . Good thing it was 68 degrees at the supper table .

I keep coming back to look at that bowl . Wish I had some to spoon over my eggs this morning .

Awesome cook Chris, we love chili round here… I’d have went back for thirds! 😉

I know I’ve said this before, but I really like your setup!

Yes it is hot cooking outside but we bring our finished cooks indoors. With the updated whole house AC it is kept at 73 degrees.
Looks fabulous and what a great set up! Hope to see more of that!

The grill is a Sunterra 48" with the optional clean out trays. I added them since it was going to be permanently installed.

sm_grill_before.JPG

It was installed in 2017.

flagstone_029.jpg

To keep it clean and keep most of the rain out I made a pair of aluminum covers with handles.

lamp_base3.jpg

Yes it is hot cooking outside but we bring our finished cooks indoors. With the updated whole house AC it is kept at 73 degrees.

The grill is a Sunterra 48" with the optional clean out trays. I added them since it was going to be permanently installed.

View attachment 669883

It was installed in 2017.

View attachment 669884

To keep it clean and keep most of the rain out I made a pair of aluminum covers with handles.

View attachment 669885

That is absolutely 100% awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky