Incredibly Good, Potentially Lethal: Habanero Cajun Sausage (Pics & Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"Made some using your recipe, didn't have habanero cheese so put cheddar and some reaper powder in for that snap."

I am honored!! Thank you. I can only guess that the modifications you made will work out great. How did the sausage turn out? Just curious to see if other people's tastes run along the same lines as mine or if I'm just weird....well I kinda already know the answer to that :-)

Robert

Great looking sausage, very interested in that and it's heat level. I may have to try that one!!!
Congrats on the carousel ride.

"Made some using your recipe, didn't have habanero cheese so put cheddar and some reaper powder in for that snap."

I am honored!! Thank you. I can only guess that the modifications you made will work out great. How did the sausage turn out? Just curious to see if other people's tastes run along the same lines as mine or if I'm just weird....well I kinda already know the answer to that :)

Robert
Pow!
Tx Smoker has a good recipe. The reaper powder put the heat in mine and it made it sizzle (literally and figurative) for me.
Used 2 tsp reaper, may go a little higher next time. Ya I like it hot.
Kit

"Pow! Tx Smoker has a good recipe. The reaper powder put the heat in mine and it made it sizzle (literally and figurative) for me. Used 2 tsp reaper, may go a little higher next time. Ya I like it hot.
Kit"

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! Gotta see about getting hands on the Reaper. I have an amazing pepper spice mix that I've been building for over 10 years as well as a pretty good stock of Ghost pepper but never gotten to play with the Reaper. That may be a fun little toy to have in my toy box :-) On a different note, what, if any, cheese did you use? I believe you mentioned not having any high temp cheese but planned to proceed with what you had available. Just curious how that worked out.

Imagining the possibilities,
Robert

"Pow! Tx Smoker has a good recipe. The reaper powder put the heat in mine and it made it sizzle (literally and figurative) for me. Used 2 tsp reaper, may go a little higher next time. Ya I like it hot.
Kit"

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! Gotta see about getting hands on the Reaper. I have an amazing pepper spice mix that I've been building for over 10 years as well as a pretty good stock of Ghost pepper but never gotten to play with the Reaper. That may be a fun little toy to have in my toy box :) On a different note, what, if any, cheese did you use? I believe you mentioned not having any high temp cheese but planned to proceed with what you had available. Just curious how that worked out.

Imagining the possibilities,
Robert
Robert used high temp cheddar. Have used regular cheese in past and its ok but the cheese in sausages etc, pretty much melt into oblivion when cooked up. Flavor was still ok though.
Ghost is a close pepper to reaper, but reaper is hotter as tested by the experts.
Here is were i got mine. https://www.sonoranspice.com
There are smaller amounts available out there but cost per ounce was cheaper this way.
Kit

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky