I'll put in a plug for the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Another classic cooker, which has won a lot of competitions over the years. One of the less expensive options, too.
It burns charcoal for the heat, and you add lumps of hardwood for the smoke. It's not as hands-off as a pellet smoker, but it's easier to get a good amount of smoke on the food. I routinely run mine for three hours or so unattended, people with more experience seem to be able to run one a lot longer while holding temperature. I've got thermometers with alarm functions, but on overnight cooks I just get up every three hours to check on it, since something is bound to need mopping or spritzing or wrapping anyway.
Get the 22 inch if you do a lot of ribs or brisket. I've got an 18", which serves me well, but I need to trim big briskets or full racks of ribs to get them to fit. It's a bit of an inconvenience to not have access to the lower rack without lifting out the upper rack, but with a little bit of planning as to what goes where, it's not too bad.