In Honor of Ron P w/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stonebriar

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Tulsa, Oklahoma
In honor of Ron P, I smoked two trays of chicken thighs this evening marinated in Ron's infamous Mr. Yoshidas (Original Gourmet). This was my first taste of Ron's favorite marinade and the end product was fall off the bone tender yielding a fabulous flavor! Absolutely delicious...

I typically brine all poultry for approx. 10 hours, however this was a spontaneous decision. After cleaning the poultry (w/ both bone/skin and skinless/boneless varieties), I placed all remnants into a 2 gallon ziplock baggie half full of Yoshidas. I agitated the bag and contents for approx. 5 min. and then allowed to rest for approx. 1 hour. I then placed all poultry on two large trays and covered in Course Ground Black Pepper.

I smoked the bird w/ a combination of Pecan and Hickory @ 225 degress until reaching 167 degrees internally of the thickest selection available. I rebasted w/ Yoshidas, using a syringe, approx. 3 times during the smoke and spritzed w/ Apple Juice approx. 5 times . The duration of the smoke was 2 and 3/4 hours.

cedff7da_YoshidasChicken.jpg

Reactions: meateater
Great Looking Chicken, Congratulations, Ron would be proud...

Looks great!  I think of Ron every time I use Yoshida's in my recipes.  He inspired and re inspired many..

Now that's some good lookin chicken!!!! 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If yer missin a piece, I'll bet Ron reached down from the heavens above and snatched it up.... He's allowed....
icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

Oh Man what a bummer. I haven't been on SMF for several months due to ill health ( small heart attack and new stent in my heart ) and the first thing I learn upon signing on is the Passing of one of my best friends ronp.

He is a legend on here and a huge help to anyone who wanted it. I will truly miss Mr Yoshida and his wonderful qview. I will miss him greatly.

In the chat Once I mentioned to Ron that up here in British Columbia I couldn't get Yoshida's. Ron promptly sent me a bottle. In the meantime I actually found some in a small deli near my home. I didn't have the heart to tell Ron that I got some before his package arrived here all the way from NM. I put that bottle up on the shelf with my collection of rubs that I have collected over the past 5 years, never to be used. Tomorrow much like Stonebriar has done I will be smoking some ribs in his honour with Yoshida's from that bottle he sent me. Ron would like that.

Rest in Peace Ron , thank you for your help and most of all for your friendship.

Your very good friend Roger Murray.

Oh Man what a bummer. I haven't been on SMF for several months due to ill health ( small heart attack and new stent in my heart ) and the first thing I learn upon signing on is the Passing of one of my best friends ronp.

He is a legend on here and a huge help to anyone who wanted it. I will truly miss Mr Yoshida and his wonderful qview. I will miss him greatly.

In the chat Once I mentioned to Ron that up here in British Columbia I couldn't get Yoshida's. Ron promptly sent me a bottle. In the meantime I actually found some in a small deli near my home. I didn't have the heart to tell Ron that I got some before his package arrived here all the way from NM. I put that bottle up on the shelf with my collection of rubs that I have collected over the past 5 years, never to be used. Tomorrow much like Stonebriar has done I will be smoking some ribs in his honour with Yoshida's from that bottle he sent me. Ron would like that.

Rest in Peace Ron , thank you for your help and most of all for your friendship.

Your very good friend Roger Murray.
Nice to see you back in the smoke.
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky