Impulse Purcha$e?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbwiljr

Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
Let us know what PG'S your considering . Many variables when considering a new grill. Sounds like the Cookshack is one of the best coming from commercial cooks and guys that compete. I never seen one but that's guys that where using Memphis PG's to compete. The only thing I can say bad about my Memphis is the cost. Like said Iv run many thousands of pounds of pellets through with zero problems and the same with friends using then for years.

BC Buck wanted to know what I was considering and today I made a decision when I went to my local grill store to buy some Lumber Jack pellets. There sitting on the floor was the Pitts & Spitts Maverick 850. It was the only one they had. The P&S website shows out of stock as did the website for this grill store. I looked it over and decided that it was the one. Free delivery next week. Possibly the Wagyu brisket they were sampling clouded my judgement, but I don’t think so. The P&S website says a price increase is coming September 1st so there is that. To my eye it is very well constructed. US made. Check! Down the road from my house, even better! I am calling Monday to see if Pitts & Spitts has the wifi module in stock. If they do I will drive over and pick that up (30 minutes from my house). My GMG Daniel Boone will soon go to a new home, probably to someone in my subdivision for a steal, maybe even free. I will keep the Grill Grates for the Maverick. Now I can’t wait to smoke that Wagyu brisket the grill store had in their cooler that somehow found its way into my refrigerator.

Welcome to SMF.
Congratulations on the new grill. Please take some pics when it arrives. I would love to see that bad boy.

Reactions: jbwiljr
Welcome to SMF.
Congratulations on the new grill. Please take some pics when it arrives. I would love to see that bad boy.

At first glance I thought you had a picture of my Westie in your profile. Lol. Thanks for the welcome. I will take some pics when it arrives Thursday. Could have been sooner but my schedule is tight earlier in the week and I no longer have my pickup.

There is a Chihuahua in that pic too, they're buddies. Ivory, the Westie, is such a cool dog.
Have any idea's what your first cook will be?

There is a Chihuahua in that pic too, they're buddies. Ivory, the Westie, is such a cool dog.
Have any idea's what your first cook will be?
The Wagyu brisket that the grill shop had for sale in their cooler will be my first cook. It is a small one being just me and my wife. At the price of beef nowadays the little one was also all I could handle after writing the check for the P&S 850. 😂

Off the truck and on the patio. Time to peel some plastic off of that beautiful stainless steel lid and shelf. Shine it up a bit. Then it is on with seasoning the grill and installing the WiFi kit. Hoping to get to all of that tomorrow.
CD13146C-1555-43EC-B25A-F6DD2FD72AB5.jpeg

Congrats on your new Pitts and Spitts Pellet Smoker. I hope you are as happy with your Maverick 850 as I am with my Maverick 2000.

Wow, what a nice cooking machine! It looks at home in your back yard and I really like that paper towel holder. That is a nice touch. Congrats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky