Impromptu 10 Minute Grilled Rib Eye Dinner (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
NOTE: This is not a post highlighting a supreme, beautifully presented dinner. I've just read so many times...and even posted...that a nice dinner was not had due to time constraints. Well, this is to show that yes, you can make a nice dinner in a short period of time.

Tracy usually leaves work at 4:00 and it takes her 40 to 45 minutes to get home. The other day she got called into a meeting that wouldn't end till 5:00. That puts her smack dab in the middle of the horrible Austin rush hour traffic and there's just no telling what time she's gonna get home. I'd already decided that I wanted a decent meal and her being late was not going to deter me but it was impossible to plan an arrival time. No way was I gonna have a cold sandwich that day....but I had no idea what to make. Thought through what could be cooked and developed a game plan. Steaks can be cooked pretty quick so I went and got a couple rib eyes out of the freezer. Now to figger out what else to make with them. A salad is always nice so I managed to get that cut up while she was in transit. Hmmm...need one more component to round out the meal so went to the pantry and found the last item. Here's what I came up with:

Nice spinach salad
001.jpg

My other side dish: easy sleazy but we keep stuff like this around for these exact situations
002.jpg

Steaks defrosted
003.jpg

Hit with a hefty dose of my beef rub
004.jpg

At this point I got the stuff into the pan for the stuffing and started warming up the water so it would boil quicker. Also got the sear burner lit up on the grill so it would be ready.

As soon as she walked in the door I put the steaks on and turned the heat up on the water/butter for the stuffing
005.jpg

Steaks only took a few minutes with the grill running at about 800* Didn't quite get the sear I wanted but was afraid of overcooking them
006.jpg

Here is my 10 minute dinner. Plated with the steak, stuffing, and salad topped with Honey Chipolte dressing that our friend Joe xray xray was gracious enough to share with us
007.jpg

All in all, not a bad meal in such a short period of time. What's interesting is that the steak on my plate was done more to Tracy's liking (too cooked for me) and hers came out perfect for me so we swapped steaks. This was after we'd started eating though and I wasn't gonna stop, put the plate back together, and take another pic. I was hungry!! Well y'all, it was quick, not at all glamorous, but it was tasty and it filled the void...as well as my desire for a decent meal.

Kwik can still be good,
Robert

Excellent quick meal Robert! Simple is better sometimes! Got me in the mood for a ribeye now if it wasn't cold and rainy here I would be grilling some tonight!

looks like a delicous meal from here, 10 minutes! it would take me ten minute just to open the stuffing box, does that stuffing taste like corn bread

Nice piece of work Robert! Whenever I'm pressed for time I seem to resort to asparagus in the micro, four minutes and perfect for me. I couldn't do what you did in ten minutes, Like. RAY

Excellent quick meal Robert! Simple is better sometimes! Got me in the mood for a ribeye now if it wasn't cold and rainy here I would be grilling some tonight!

Thanks John!! Tell ya what...you leave the cold, rainy, nasty weather behind and come to TX I'll make you a couple of rib eyes :emoji_wink: If you were in the mood to really take control, make me an offer to buy my patio along with all the cookers and I'll let you cook for me...hee hee hee

Tracy prolly not gonna sell the patio,
Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
looks like a delicous meal from here, 10 minutes! it would take me ten minute just to open the stuffing box, does that stuffing taste like corn bread

Thanks Jim...and yes, it actually does taste like cornbread. Truth be told, I honestly believe it is real cornbread. The box is pretty easy to open, otherwise I'd have to call a halt to using it but the stuffing is pretty darned good. Could I make better? Yep. Could I do it in 10 minutes? Absolutely not. This is a great fall-back and we keep a couple of different flavors on hand so I can improvise when needed.

Not bad stuff at all,
Robert

Nice piece of work Robert! Whenever I'm pressed for time I seem to resort to asparagus in the micro, four minutes and perfect for me. I couldn't do what you did in ten minutes, Like. RAY

Thank you Ray. Appreciate the kind words and the LIKE. We too love asparagus but have just fallen in love with grilling it so that's pretty much our go-to. One of my favorite sides with pretty much any meal is a salad though. Since I was a kid, I've loved salads and that's a regular thing with us. Doing this in 10 minutes is not at all difficult if you take a couple minutes, think through it, and have everything ready: water / butter in the pan for the stuffing, grill heated up, and salad made in advance. You just need a grill that will attain temps high enough to cook the steaks quickly.

Pretty simple stuff,
Robert

Thanks Jim...and yes, it actually does taste like cornbread. Truth be told, I honestly believe it is real cornbread. The box is pretty easy to open, otherwise I'd have to call a halt to using it but the stuffing is pretty darned good. Could I make better? Yep. Could I do it in 10 minutes? Absolutely not. This is a great fall-back and we keep a couple of different flavors on hand so I can improvise when needed.

Not bad stuff at all,
Robert
thanks Robert good to know, i'll have to try it I do like cornbread

Nice looking meal robert! Not sure I could do it but my wife sure could. Either way bet you made your wife's night. Good job

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky