I'll Have A Blue Christmas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
we will be below zero for overnight lows before this, BUT if the weather guessers are correct we go below zero on Monday December 19th and stay below zero until maybe Christmas Day when they are guessing a high of 5* above zero. and with the forcast high of only 2* on the 19th, the possibility is there to be below zero starting on the 18th.
we haven't had this long of spell for a while, that i remember anyway, reminds me more of when i was a kid and it happened at least once a winter it seemed.

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
We had a spell here in TN last month when it dipped into the 20's at night for a little over a week. I thought that was bad. Bundle up, and Merry Xmas!

Dave

Reactions: JLeonard
If I were to count the times on one hand it's fallen below zero here in my lifetime, I'd have fingers left over! Even then, it lasted only a day. I can't imagine it being THAT cold for THAT long!

Having said that, the 10-day outlook for my zip HAD the word "snow" on Christmas yesterday, but I before I could recover from my bout of wild, uncontrollable laughter at the mere NOTION of snow on Christmas HERE, they'd changed it.

Reactions: halleoneagain
We had a spell here in TN last month when it dipped into the 20's at night for a little over a week. I thought that was bad. Bundle up, and Merry Xmas!

Dave
I was there then in hat and gloves, meanwhile it was 45 deg warmer in NH where my son ives

I can't imagine enduring extended temperatures like that. I'm tired of the last three weeks of 21-28 degrees and snow here in Eastern Washington, but it sure beats your temps by a lot. Here's hoping it doesn't ruin your holidays.

Yep next week will be a doozy. Monday is gonna be the heatwave of -1° for the high until Sat. where it will climb way up to 0°. Overnights -15 < > -22°

Let's hear it for the heatwave! Got your sun-glasses all ready?
313418890_561008659360448_7346016443350986365_n.jpg

Ha! Sure wish we had problems like these. But when you live in the foothills of the Alberta Rocky Mountains, that just ain't an option.
It has been weeks since we were above freezing. Calling for -19 to -22 (F) at night for the next week, and then warming up to just below freezing for a high for a week (heat wave). :emoji_confounded::emoji_confounded:
Don't really expect it to get above freezing until Spring--gonna be a long, cold winter.
Gary

Reactions: sawhorseray
Rarely gets below 20℉ here so we're not prepared for any temps of 0℉ or below. Personally, I'd just like to see some sunshine for a change even if the temps were well below freezing. It's been overcast, damp, rainy, gloomy for about 6 weeks now, but the "weather guessers" are singing, "The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun." We'll see...

Oh heck no! This southern boy would be hibernating like a bear. Wrapped up in quilt with a coffee machine close and and as close as i could get to a fire.
Stay warm brother.
Jim

Reactions: SherryT
Hey Idaho, Washington is gonna send you some snow maybe this week-end, after Seattle sends it our way! No need to thank me.....
LOL oh yea I see that in the forecast......Snow for like 10 days..... Getting the snowblower "all" fired up and spinning this weekend to be prepared. Last year I had to snowblow a 20-foot perimeter around the house so the dog could walk around and so when it melted it didn't put water up against the foundation.....had about 42 inches deep, it was about a foot or more above to top of the snow blower.

Just got home from putting a 50/50 blend of number 1 and number 2 diesel in both trucks. Couple years or so ago had to get out of the truck and do some repairs...weather man was nice enough to tell me the wind chill was 40 below zero...that was sure sweet of him!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky