iGrill thermometer!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have had mine for close to a year now and it works flawlessly. Even after running it through the sprinklers twice and leaving it out in a rain storm. I loose connectivity at around 300', or when I go into my moms house. It is made of ICF and the concrete blocks out the signal. My Mav 732 doesn't work there either.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm running IOS7 and it is working on my iPhone, even over night in the rain
ROTF.gif
LOL  Outstanding.  I wrote iDevices and they said it is not supported yet.  They are working a fix and will push and update.  I'm glad it works for you -- even in wet wx opns.

LOL  Outstanding.  I wrote iDevices and they said it is not supported yet.  They are working a fix and will push and update.  I'm glad it works for you -- even in wet wx opns.
I have noticed that when the iGrill battery is low now that it will disconnect. That is the only issue I have had since ios7 upgrade. I also have been using some cheap batteries that came from harbor freight, they suck! Going to switch back to a name brand battery. Still wondering how rechargeable batteries would work.

I have noticed that when the iGrill battery is low now that it will disconnect. That is the only issue I have had since ios7 upgrade. I also have been using some cheap batteries that came from harbor freight, they suck! Going to switch back to a name brand battery. Still wondering how rechargeable batteries would work.
I tried rechargeables and went back to alkaline.  I have only replaced them twice - they last plenty long enough.  It's the iPhone battery that is used up quickly.

Last edited:
I have this and love it but wish it has a better on off switch.  The touch on and off it get turn on to easly when stored and drains the batteries.  I think myabe if they mad the probe plug the on off switch.  Then all you do is plug in the probe and it is on unplug and it is off.

I have this and love it but wish it has a better on off switch.  The touch on and off it get turn on to easly when stored and drains the batteries.  I think myabe if they mad the probe plug the on off switch.  Then all you do is plug in the probe and it is on unplug and it is off.
Yep that is a problem! I have sucked down a couple sets of batteries by it turning itself on while traveling.

Thanks for the link.  That is a great price, the only drawback is that you have to be a AT&T wireless customer.  That sux, I have Sprint.  And the BS part is they still won't sell it to me even though my home phone is through AT&T.

I have had nothing but bad luck with mine.

I just can't seem to get it to stay connected to my iPad or iPhone.

I use plenty of Bluetooth devices (not at the same time as iGrill) every day, and I just can't get this thing to stay connected for more than a few minutes..

It's a bummer.

I bought it on eBay and the iDevices online help request makes you check a box that says
 "Our customer support team can only authorize returns for a refund for purchases made through our Online Store within 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. Returns are not accepted after 30 days."
so I'm sure I won't be getting any love from them.

Just be aware that your cash may as well be lighting your firebox if you have a problematic unit from iDevices.

I'll repost if I ever hear from iDevices or get any help.

Hmmmm... 

I've been using the only app that says "iGrill" in it's title, but now that you mention it, there is another "iDevices" app on iTunes.

I just downloaded it and paired my devices again, I'll let it run and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice!!

I would really LOVE for this thing to work!!

I downloaded the iDevices app and let it run for about four hours yesterday, with no glitches. I'm gonna give it another go on the smoker this weekend, but with a close eye on it, just in case. 

Thanks again for your help!

I love mine and ive ran in through the ringer. Not long ago i saw the maverick 732 on sale so i bought it and still havent used it yet. The first time i actually brought it out and contemplated using it, i thought to myself, this looks too complicated and used the igrill.

I checked At&T website and I could not find it...then I saw the link above and sure enough, there it is! Only problem is it says "The device you've selected is not available in your area". Bummer!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky