ideas for where to get a hand grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
I am looking for a small hand grinder to use for stuffing snack sticks. Any suggestions on where to find one? I have seen some of the ones in my catalogs but they want too much for how I plan to use it. I was thinking that if I could find one for under $30-$40 that would be great.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Larry, Generally 18-23mm tubes are used for snack stix, any more they start looking like hot dogs and donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t taste right! :roll:
By the way, I guess you know, that type of grinder doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really work well if you are trying to put cheese in your snack stix…it kind of smears the cheese and basically turns your meat yellow-no chunks of cheese! :(

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Sep 16, 2006
Idaho
I got my #10 hand grinder from LEM Products. Works well for what grinding I do.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Sep 27, 2005
BOURBON,MISSOURI
then a 1/2 inch stuffing tube whould be ok for snak stix???

i have never stuffed a sausage with cheese.

my grinder --when using stuffing attachments--
you take the knife and Plate out --and put a "star" insert in...
the star looks like a Y ---sort of..
except the 3 legs are equal distance apart.

will that still smear cheese?????

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
That, and the worm gear! I have same problem, Life is tuff! :(
You need one of these for stuffing your sausage…theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re cheap!
c506ed68_vbattach11557.jpg

1e51e8ab_vbattach11276.jpg

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
Thanks Up in Smoke, I have had one of those stuffing tubes a few years ago and the meat kept working its way around the plunger so I wnet to the sausage maker and bought a stuffer. The problem is there is not a stuffing tube that fits the stuffer for use on snack sticks.

I have a tube that will work but does not work with the grinder I have so my thought was to use a hand grinder.

Thanks guys for your input

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Cheech, I got one of those Krups (Butcher Shop) electric grinders, same problem, so I went to J.C. Penneys and bought the accesory sausage tubes for the Kitchen Aide (expensive mixer)meat grinder attachment for $8.00. They bolt right up. One tube is 3/8" and the other is 5/8". The smaller is perfect for stick, the larger for dinner sausages. They are a lot cheaper than those stainless one for $18 each. Just measure the base of your tubes first-even if you have to turn the bases down a bit, they should work unless you plan on running hundreds of pounds of sausage!
This is the grinder I use:

Latest posts

Hot Threads