I wasn't smoking meat...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can smoke or grill kingfish the same way as you would salmon, (I've never used a brine), and make fish spread with cream cheese, diced onions, celery, and some hot sauce.

Nothing like catching a fish like that on a fly rod, hope you have something on that kayak to keep a big fish from pulling you out to the middle grounds.
biggrin.gif

V,

Nice fish and good story. That is one of my favorite types of fishing. Kingfishing that is. Nothing like the initial run of a smoker King.

We fish for kings out of my Uncles 16' Hewes flats boat. We've been 10 miles offshore in that before. Once you're used to it, it's nothing.

I either smoke my kingfish or bread them,put em in a frying pan with some butter and once they're done, hit em with some hot sauce sear for a minute on both sides and then into the tartar sauce.

Good fish and best of luck with the bigger ones that'll make their way up their soon.

Hopefully this weekend the fishing report will include a q-view!!!

I will definitely give the king a shot in the smoker. The dip along with a cold beer while watching the bucs (hopefully) win would be a good way to end 2 more days of fishing. Winds are supposed to be lighter this weekend.
icon_smile.gif

Vlap you are the Man!!! Looks unbelievable!!! I just have one thing to say...ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!
eek.gif
LOL!!! Can hardly wait to see it
on the smoker!!! Actually looks like a blast!!!

That's right...so what you're saying is....YES!!! LMAO!!! Keep it up I'll just live through you!! Hell I'm afraid to go up on the roof!!!!

To be honest the first day I was a lil nervous. I have always been an inshore fisherman. To go offshore like this was a bit intimidating but once I hooked into that first king my problems were solved!

Now all I can think about is heading back out there again!!!

Nice pics, and great story Vlap. Steelhead run is starting here, gonna put the smoker away for a few weeks and get after them.

Gotta be a nice rush, being hauled around by a fish in them kayaks.Looks like ya need to switch to 100 lb test soon, if the big boys are headin in!
icon_smile.gif

That's what I'm talkin' about right there
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky