I was late for my First Whole Pig roast..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hey if they can bottle and sell flavored water, I can garr-an-tee ya I can sell this flavored air!
OMG.. a light buld just went off in my brain.. (i know.. my brain still works??) but

you might be on to something here..

Cherry and Red Oak (soooo good) infused frebreeze............ holy crap that would be great.. lol

When Im home and not cooking anything, but outside working in the hard or what not, I light the AMNPS just for the smell... its a big incense burner :):)  

Both Mikey and I just took the lid off.. was checking skin texture. its crispy..still firm to the meat but getting close where I think is gonna be great. .. and we both decided not to flip... I think if anyone wants some crispier skin I can throw it on the grill...

am I gonna have any problems ( i cant think of any) if I dont flip. I for one am just lazy to flip... but also for cosmetics.. she looks very pretty sitting exactly how she is...

any input?
If the skin is getting crispy - no need to flip as long as the meat internal temps are OK.  If it is getting too burned and dried out on the bottom - that might be a reason to flip - otherwise, let it continue!  Love the pics!

are you going for PP temps ? if not i'd say she's done and then some.... looks damn good I know that....
yes. im going to pull it all.. chop.. everything :) (my plan..anyways) and thanks :)

Both Mikey and I just took the lid off.. was checking skin texture. its crispy..still firm to the meat but getting close where I think is gonna be great. .. and we both decided not to flip... I think if anyone wants some crispier skin I can throw it on the grill...

am I gonna have any problems ( i cant think of any) if I dont flip. I for one am just lazy to flip... but also for cosmetics.. she looks very pretty sitting exactly how she is...

any input?
If the skin is getting crispy - no need to flip as long as the meat internal temps are OK.  If it is getting too burned and dried out on the bottom - that might be a reason to flip - otherwise, let it continue!  Love the pics!
the bottom is drying out .. but, I think there is still plenty of juices inside (based on when I put a probe in and remove it...) that in the long run once its all pulled.... its gonna be fine.. so we are not gonna flip...and thanks :)

Hey Mike,

This looks just great....wish I were there to see it in person. You Texas boys really do know how to BBQ! Looking forward to seeing the PP pictures!

thumb1%20copy.gif

Looks-Great.gif
     Nice man 
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Hey Mike,

This looks just great....wish I were there to see it in person. You Texas boys really do know how to BBQ! Looking forward to seeing the PP pictures!
thanks Clarissa :P was wondering if you were gonna log on today :) its ready now.. I did a "no no" and sliced into a ham section... just to see.... but its slice ready... im having problems with ALL of my therms.... I guess i really need to get a maverick and just be done with this. but three dig therms all read different temps... one saying 150.. one is 190.. the other is 235... HAH!  so Ill split the difference and say its about 180-190... 

1 hour togo... maybe 2 if no one shows up before then.....

Holy hell... *sigh* most stressful part of my day was the serving... people are impatient. ...

I just finished..... sorry my peeps.. it was wonderful...give me a sec and ill up load some pics.. (on my phone it takes a bit..)
And im done with tequila for the day ;) or night...

Last edited:
It was hard to take pictures.. pork in one hand .. pork in the other.. no room for pics. However I let a girl eat for free if she just took pictures..
She has 328 pics.. so ill have to go thru hers and get the goodies...

For now... im beat.. ;) biut how funwas THIS!... and.. it was good!

Had about 45 people, maybe 60.. not reallt sure. .. I didnt even see the table of sides.... but there was alot I heard.. lol..
... im taking home ALOT of extra ... a large cooler full of wrapped pans. .. ill be eating pig for a little whiel thats for sure. .

Had about 45 people, maybe 60.. not reallt sure. .. I didnt even see the table of sides.... but there was alot I heard.. lol..
... im taking home ALOT of extra ... a large cooler full of wrapped pans. .. ill be eating pig for a little whiel thats for sure. .
You better send that snout to Moikel...... I see someone nabbed the ears. Don't guess you got the butcher to get a recording of the squeal? Don't want to miss anything. Looks great, looks fun, and think of all the people you made happy.

It was a beautiful day to smoke today, wasn't it.

waiting for those finished pics. Any time now?

Mike

( Sorry, didn't see page two!)  Nice looking pig!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky