I think I seasoned my smoker incorrectly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
See... Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks Doug... I too have a \/ basket.. mine though looks like this \_/ ... And I like your idea of putting splits in the sides... never thought of it... Will give it a try the next time I get the Tractor out

Another purpose of the basket is to keep the coals congregated together which helps hold heat longer, ignites a new split faster, and cuts down on amount of fuel burnt ...
Seems like a smart concept I can see how it could work a lot better than just having that open area that's much larger than that shape. I do have a whole other set of grates, the original ones that came with the grill or a little bit rusted so I contacted Char-Griller they sent me out the new ones and I was thinking about using the old ones to create a firebox, I was just going to get my brother-in-law to weld it together for me once I do all the cuts. So would you recommend that shape that you mentioned there over the V?

Reactions: JLeonard
I have seen that brand but not at the big box stores It's at The smaller hardware store, Ace hardware. Going to have to give that a try

Yeah in my area it's available at 2 locations. Ace hardware is one...and not sure where you are, but if you have Academy Sports And Outdoor stores near you, you should be able to find it there as well. I've been using B&B Charcoal almost exclusively for a few years. I buy their oak briquettes to burn in my gravity feed smoker, and buy either their oak or hickory lump coal for everything else.

Red

Reactions: JLeonard
Keep an eye on the Cowboy brand. If I remember correctly there have been a few complaints about people finding mysterious objects in the bags. Rocks and metal fragments come to mind. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Chris
I won’t Buy it again. Found objects in my first and only bag purchased.

Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky