I think I may enter my first competition?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

symansaysbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
CT
Myself and two friends of mine are thinking of trying are hand at a BBQ competition. This would be more for fun and experience then for competitive reasons. The problem is we live in CT and can't find many options. I am about to start my own on the town green and donating all the profits to the town food bank or something. I was also wondering if I have to become a member of some association before entering.

Thanks

Some comps are kcbs or mba certified w/ trained judges some just use the towns politicians or other locals. there is alot to setting up a comp . Permits , INSURANCE, vendors,  space , etc.

Best thing is find one to visit first to see what goes on and talk to the organizers about what it takes.

icon_cool.gif

It sounds good and you might have something there but go talk to the township or town boat which ever might be the case.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky