I think I did some stuff wrong

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have done it four times now.  Two times were mistakes and we just shredded the stuff and made mac and cheese and used it on chili.  the folks at the church chili cook off that I came in third in, loved it.

The third batch we vac sealed and ate after 2 weeks.  there is some left still and we will be eating it for the superbowl.  I am going to do some more tomorrow and plan to age it the same way.  I vac sealed it after about 1/2 hour.  This time I will let it sit over night in the fridge.  So far we like the pecan the best.  We've done hickory, apple and a mix of apple and cherry.

I bought an AMNPS which is the best thing I ever did.  We have done Mozzi, Jack, Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Gouda, Munster, and Swiss.  We like them all but the Munster is gone and the Gouda is gone.  We will be trying Havarti, Parmesan, Brie, and some other soft cheeses.  We found that three hours is just about the best, and it seems that the longer they sit the better they are.  We have not had a problem with mold yet, but we have only been doing it for about three months or so.

These guys here have helped me so much, I just can't say enough good!  I have read probably 50 posts from here on it and can say, when you understand how to smoke stuff, you will never buy smoked anything again!

Mel

You ate it the same day and it tasted okay?  Interesting.  I wouldn't think it would taste good.  

You can smoke and eat fresh mozzarella on the same day. Throw a hunk in when you are doing other cheese and you can have same day satisfaction!

yup. i let 7 people try the mozzarella and they all loved it. Now there is none left lol. I really wish I had smoked up some Burgers and threw if on them now...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky