I REALLY need to remember to stay OUT of HD/Lowe's on Saturdays...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have Lowes where I live. When I have to go, its at 7am when I get out of work during the week. I never go on the weekends.

I've had good luck going after work around 5 oclock, most people are home having supper. By the time things start picking back up Im long gone.

Corey

Nobody needs to work a $13/hr job when you can make more doing nothing at home and letting big brother take care of you.. Pretty soon retail / fast food prices are going to be so high that I feel bad for seniors on fixed income. Under staffed brick and mortar stores now have to deal with rampant shop lifting that doesn’t get prosecuted. Just check out Walmart CEO’s latest comments. Pretty sad what our gov leadership is doing and allowing to happen.

When we first moved into our house, (a fixer upper) the wife and I would go to Lowe’s and/or HD every weekend for about 3 months straight. Some of the Lowe’s employees thought maybe I was employed their part time! Saved a bunch of money using my Lowe’s credit card though.
But, every time I went to these 2 stores, I’d always go down the grilling aisle to see if they had any special sale items!

When we first moved into our house, (a fixer upper) the wife and I would go to Lowe’s and/or HD every weekend for about 3 months straight. Some of the Lowe’s employees thought maybe I was employed their part time! Saved a bunch of money using my Lowe’s credit card though.
But, every time I went to these 2 stores, I’d always go down the grilling aisle to see if they had any special sale items!
Same here! We bought our house in 2009 and was there a few times a week as we remodeled the whole place before we moved in. My all time record was 7 times in one day. Happy to say made our last house payment just last week.

Bummer! Its crazy, but places like that can't find people to work. Every place is a little different....but having a small business and trying to hire people at a normal wage-for-work it hard these days. You end up taking what you can get. Work ethic is often lacking as well.
You know it's problem when you need to ask someone on the floor, and as soon as they see you, they run the other way. Now I know I wouldn't win any beauty contests, but I don't think that's the real reason.

You know it's problem when you need to ask someone on the floor, and as soon as they see you, they run the other way. Now I know I wouldn't win any beauty contests, but I don't think that's the real reason.
It is often worse when you catch up with them ask the question and by them stammering and saying ah ah then having to call someone else over then maybe another one you realize that none of them know a damn thing about anything building, plumbing, or electrical work. At one time many moons ago I was told that Lowes and Home Depot had tests for employees to take before they worked a section to make sure they knew something about that section and they could make more money by scoring higher well I can't believe they do anything like that these days because most of them don't know anything

Reactions: SherryT
It is often worse when you catch up with them ask the question and by them stammering and saying ah ah then having to call someone else over then maybe another one you realize that none of them know a damn thing about anything building, plumbing, or electrical work. At one time many moons ago I was told that Lowes and Home Depot had tests for employees to take before they worked a section to make sure they knew something about that section and they could make more money by scoring higher well I can't believe they do anything like that these days because most of them don't know anything

That's what I was referring to about the night shift... Usually the morning shift has a little more knowledge

I worked at Home Base as a lumber associate in Arizona when I was in high school. I went to work at HD here in Summerville when we moved out here to SC just to get a decent little income ( semi retired, collecting disability, but able to work ). With my overall experience, which is very wide and deep, they put put me in the garden department. Now, I was gonna load all the guns and fire back but I won't.
I too avoid HD on weekends, especially in the spring and summer, simply because everyone gets a frog up their rear end and decides to do ridiculous things.
From an associate's point of view, you simply can't put 75 bags of mulch in a Jeep Cherokee. Nor will your beloved half ton truck safely carry a pallet of pavers. Sure, call me on the phone and ask me if we have burgundy Ranunculuses because hey, I'm a horticulturist that takes inventory of over a 1000 different plants every day. Ok sir, you don't want the mower with the torn box? Wait right here while I go get three rolling gates, two spotters, a reach truck, then close half the store so I can bring down a pallet full of merchandise I can't stock to get your undamaged box. While I'm trying to do that, two of your fellow customers just walked through my gates so now I can't pull down the pallet..
30 second cleaner, pool chlorine, mold remover and bleach are all sodium hypochlorite. I'm not going to say it again. N is nitrogen P is phosphorus and K is potassium. I don't know why, I didn't invent the stuff. I'm just going to try to explain to you what each one does.
You can pour muriatic acid into water but DO NOT pour water into acid. Again, I'm no chemist but when I owned a pool service, I learned that one through the pain of others. Dichlor for hot tubs, trichlor for pools.
Seriously, for the most part, those folks that wear them aprons have alot of work to do and satisfying every customer is impossible. Some are great and some are just rude and feel they need to abuse you and leave the store satisfied with themselves.
Personally I hate self checkouts and the front end cashiers tend to drive me nuts. Customer service reps get it the worst..

Reactions: Nodak21
Being the crusty sort I have become I've been known to have a manager paged to the register so I can politely ask them if they can get enough checkers working or should I just go to another store to spend my money. Usually works. If it doesn't they can restock my items unless it's something I can't get elsewhere.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky