I REALLY need to remember to stay OUT of HD/Lowe's on Saturdays...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
The crowd was thick as hair on a dog's back (Lowe's) AND there were precisely 3 registers open when what SEEMED like the ENTIRE throng of people were ready to check out...which, of COURSE, was the same time "I" went to check out.

The credit card terminal at the register on the building supplies end of the store was apparently "stuck" and THAT guy was about to lose it, so I pushed my cart-full of lumber to the OTHER end of the store thinking, if all else failed, I'd go through self-checkout, but no...only 2 of those were working and the lines disappeared down the aisles behind them, so back to one of two manned registers where the cashier was obviously more interested in flirting with a co-worker who was lurking around her register than doing her job.

I'm normally NOT impatient and I always try to be civil, but, today, Little Miss Flirty-Pants has NO idea just how close she came to getting snatched up by the neck and shook till what wasn't in my hand fell off!

I finally made it out with my dignity in tact, but it was a challenge.

ONE DAY, I'll learn to get my shopping done DURING THE WEEK!

Rant over...as you were. :emoji_wink:

Yea... I like to go in the evening after dinner... Only problem with the night shift is usually younger kids that don''t have a clue...

Bummer! Its crazy, but places like that can't find people to work. Every place is a little different....but having a small business and trying to hire people at a normal wage-for-work it hard these days. You end up taking what you can get. Work ethic is often lacking as well.

only thing I I hate about working a 9–5 m-fri job now. Can’t hit the stores when other folks are working.
Jim

Reactions: SherryT
Ok. I had to laugh at the "Little Miss Flirty Pants" remark, but yea, I stay away from EVERYWHERE on the weekends. I like my sanity right where it is which is already screwed up.

Reactions: SherryT
Sherry... I can teach you the patience song if you want! Kids hated it when I sang it to them growing up... think my wife hated it worse! And I can't carry a tune in a bucket... just a fore warning!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I hear ya Sherry, Thank god I am up at 5:30 most days and at lumber yard most days before the herds show up.
I really hate having to go near them at regular hours for things I need for jobs during the reg hours. Just a big stupid hassle most times.

My big beef ( 1 of them, as I get older the list gets bigger . and you can't fix stupid ) is workers working but not working and texting or what ever the crap they are doing on their cell phones while you are trying to get them to do or answer your questions.
I know I need my phone as it is a major tool for me , but a time and place for it .

Sorry got carried away there

David

Reactions: GaryHibbert
With exception of lumber. If I need something from Lowes that I don't need ASAP. I'll buy online and have shipped. Most of the people at our Lowes are clueless anyway.

Around here it’s ok if you get there before 10. Speaking of which, off to pick up some door hardware.

I don't know if Lowe's still does this, but I used to hate that they asked for my phone number while checking out. I always refused, but geez. I guess Lowes is in the car warranty business.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't know if Lowe's still does this, but I used to hate that they asked for my phone number while checking out. I always refused, but geez. I guess Lowes is in the car warranty business.
They do. So does Harbor Freight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky