• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I quit smoking!!

SherryT

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 23, 2017
Hubs and I quit in cigs 2008...we were both over 2 packs a day and opted to use ecigs to bridge the gap then completely quit a couple of years later.

Congrats! It's a HUGE accomplishment!

Cabo

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 10, 2019
Congrats! It gets easier over time. I quit in 2012. Used e-cigs for a while and then the gum.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
congrats! Im a quitter too. I think its been about 22 years now.

smokinstubbs

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 4, 2008
I've been smoke free for 12 years now, I can't stand the smell of it anymore and have ZERO tolerance for those that do!! Sad thing is I have great neighbors next door, but they both smoke like a chimney.

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
Congrats! Stay away from others who smoke until you don't like the smell of smoke.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
good job! i will have quite 16years ago this February!
you will not regret it!

Happy Quitting,
phatbac (Aaron)

petridish

Joined Mar 2, 2021
Great to hear this kind of stories from people who were actually able to quit smoking. I have been trying to quit for the last couple of years, and the best result that I have actually got was quitting smoking cigarettes and starting to vape (which I do also consider as smoking). So, basically I did not quit, I just changed one addiction for another one. Actually, I am still a vape starter and I really like it. It is much better compared to smoking cigarettes, it doesn't stink, and the only problem from my point of view is that you have to carry the vape juice with you.

Last edited:

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Great to hear this kind of stories from people who were actually able to quit smoking.
I've quit twice....sort of. Never smoked cigarettes, but I dipped Kodiak Long Cut Straight for 20+ years. On the way to work one day I decided I was finished with it. Rolled down the window and threw the can out. Didn't touch tobacco for probably 10 years and then picked up a cigar habit. Smoked them for probably 15+ years. Quit them the same way. Just decided one day that I was done with them and haven't looked back. That was last year and I'm done with tobacco for good now.....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.