I need new glasses!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So I made chilerelleno chilerelleno 's Green Chile Grilled Chicken Enchilada Casserole tonight at the firehouse. Everything was going good...got the casserole together and put it in the oven for 1 hour. When I pulled it out to put the cheese on, the top had dark brown spots....more than I expected. I thought-"Dang! Hope the bottom isn't burnt!" I looked down at the temp knob. I had put the oven on 495*F instead of 395*F!!!! Oh Shoot! I grabbed a spoon and checked the bottom. little dark, but otherwise it was fine. Not burnt. Whew!

I've been putting it off... I need new glasses... almost burnt supper!
IMG_20211018_165038394.jpg

Good save. I had Lasik in 2000 and its faded enough that I need readers and distance glasses. They are thin, but necessary especially at night.

If you are serious about needing some, check out eyebuydirect.com. CHEAP and great.

Nice save. Yeah I always double check my oven settings cause the eyesite aint quite what it used to be.
Jim

Nice save on that Keith! I had Lasik 15 years ago, fading a bit, I'd do it again tho, gotten a lot cheaper. RAY

Reactions: sandyut
The dinner sounds and looks good to me. Anyway, you're feeding firefighters! My department (volunteer) and the paid folks I worked with NEVER turned their nose up to anything to eat .... COMPLAIN AFTER EATING maybe, but not while eating?! !🤦‍♂️ I don't recall even our EMTS or LEA having any issue with being fed?! Next time grab the probie and have him/her set the oven temperature. Now you have someone to blame?! LOL!🍻
John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky