I need help.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqchamp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Palatka,FL
Can somebody help me. My smoker does not cook evenly or get hot enough to steam clean. Does anybody make propane or water tank smokers that could give me step by step directions so i would know what needs to be changed.

BBQChamp,

Did you do a custom build that was talked about on the forum or is it a smoker that someone else may have?

Maybe a reference to a prior thread describing your build or the manufacturer and model number is a good place to start.

Al

I have a custom smoker. here are some pics.
c610ac6f_mycamera032.jpg
a3d968f9_mycamera036.jpg

some more detailed pictures would help. Inside of the fire box. Vents for air flow. damper for the stack etc.

That firebox looks very high up on the smoker what's the opening look like between the firebox and tank?

I agree, we need a few shots of the inside, looking into the firebox showing the opening to the cook area, as well as a shot from the cook area back.

And also the air vents for the firebox.

And what welding skills do you have or have at your disposal?

i will have to post some pics of the inside of the firebox tomorrow, my camera is dead. i dont have any flow vent on my smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky