I need help finding some equipment - Winnipeg Manitoba CANADA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backtothebush

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
I have started my Freezer conversion. You can see my thread here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/156077/started-my-fridge-build-teardown-95-complete

After much debate, I have decided to make a Wood/Electric. I want to be able to do traditional fired wood smoking, but also be able to do more temp controlled smokes via electric.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I need to know where I can buy these pieces of equipment either here in Winnipeg, or online:

1- An electric element with temp control similar to this one, but with actual temp control rather than the simple "LOW-MED-HIGH" controls.

2- A thermometer. I like simplicity and will be installing an analog one like this:

But like the idea of being able to moniter it remotely with one like the one below, so I may pick one of these up at a later date:

3- Advice. I need to know how high up I should position the thermometer. Should it be near the top? Half way down?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Backtothebush

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky