I must be doing something right....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidlsi

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
With less than two months under my smoking belt I am learning with each new smoke.  I was intrigued by what I read about smoking a chuck roast so off to the grocery store to get a hunk.

This was my wife's birthday weekend, she had plans Friday night and I was taking her for an over-nighter on Saturday.   I knew that we would not return in time to cook/smoke anything for the Bear's game on Sunday.  Planning ahead I left work a few hours early and headed home so I could smoke that chuckie so we could enjoy some pulled beef sandwiches during the game. 

I got quite cool out Friday evening about four and a half hours to get the temps up to 165 so I could wrap the one pound 7 blade roast I bought. Roast in the electric Brinkman at about 5:15pm, at 9:45 pm I put in in my inside a 225 degree oven since I gave up hope that 208 degrees was not happening outside that night.  208 degrees reached at 11:30pm and the roast was put in the the fridge at just after 1:00am.

I was up and loading the car the next morning, while grabbing some cold pop for the road I noticed my aluminum foil package was missing.   It turns out my son came home from work and thought it was left overs.  He and a friend eat the whole chuckie and the 4 short ribs I smoked along side it.

When I asked him if it was a better (less) amount of smokiness than my the ribs and chicken I did last time.  He said it tasted great and mentioned how it just fell apart.  

I am going to have to remember to leave a note next time.  I was happy they enjoyed it, but very disappointed that I did not get to see the meat pull apart or taste it.

SeeYa

DavidLSI

Last edited:
Make him smoke a replacement.

Last edited:
Man that will teach ya to leave smoked meat out without a note.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  Glad to hear he liked it so much.

I think you are allowed to smack him and his friend on the nose with a rolled up newspaper...
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif
... lol. Glad to hear the results were well recieved.... even if you didn't get a taste!
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

icon_cool.gif

I agree with Johnny and you should be able to smack them around with that newspaper. After all new paper not supposed to leave any marks.......LOL Bummer but I bet your wife will understand and think the world of you for your efforts. Then let her take a swing-um

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky