1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I must be doing something right....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidlsi, Oct 18, 2010.

1. davidlsi

davidlsi Fire Starter

With less than two months under my smoking belt I am learning with each new smoke.  I was intrigued by what I read about smoking a chuck roast so off to the grocery store to get a hunk.

This was my wife's birthday weekend, she had plans Friday night and I was taking her for an over-nighter on Saturday.   I knew that we would not return in time to cook/smoke anything for the Bear's game on Sunday.  Planning ahead I left work a few hours early and headed home so I could smoke that chuckie so we could enjoy some pulled beef sandwiches during the game. 

I got quite cool out Friday evening about four and a half hours to get the temps up to 165 so I could wrap the one pound 7 blade roast I bought. Roast in the electric Brinkman at about 5:15pm, at 9:45 pm I put in in my inside a 225 degree oven since I gave up hope that 208 degrees was not happening outside that night.  208 degrees reached at 11:30pm and the roast was put in the the fridge at just after 1:00am.

I was up and loading the car the next morning, while grabbing some cold pop for the road I noticed my aluminum foil package was missing.   It turns out my son came home from work and thought it was left overs.  He and a friend eat the whole chuckie and the 4 short ribs I smoked along side it.

When I asked him if it was a better (less) amount of smokiness than my the ribs and chicken I did last time.  He said it tasted great and mentioned how it just fell apart.  

I am going to have to remember to leave a note next time.  I was happy they enjoyed it, but very disappointed that I did not get to see the meat pull apart or taste it.

SeeYa

DavidLSI

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Make him smoke a replacement.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man that will teach ya to leave smoked meat out without a note. [​IMG]   Glad to hear he liked it so much.

4. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I think you are allowed to smack him and his friend on the nose with a rolled up newspaper...[​IMG]... lol. Glad to hear the results were well recieved.... even if you didn't get a taste! [​IMG]

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I agree with Johnny and you should be able to smack them around with that newspaper. After all new paper not supposed to leave any marks.......LOL Bummer but I bet your wife will understand and think the world of you for your efforts. Then let her take a swing-um