I missed you guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Laurens S.C.
I haven't been around for a little while. You all know how life goes. I just wanted to say hello again everyone and will be sticking around again. I am hoping to do something with a leg of lamb this weekend. As I have never had lamb this will be interesting in my house. Again I thank you all for still being here and I look forward to looking at how each of us has progressed.

Welcome back from Virginia! I know how it goes🤣 I’ve done the same! Looking forward to the Lamb!

Hopefully sawhorseray sawhorseray will jump on. He did an amazing one a while back:

I have a love hate relationship with it!

Welcome back to the club! Is your leg-o-lamb boneless or bone-in? Either way, if you don't have a rotisserie the way I've always done them is indirect on a Weber kettle, using the SnS makes it easy. Coals and wood splits for smoke, pull when the meat hits an IT of around 130º and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before carving, should get up to around 136º. I like my beef done about 10º less than that, lamb's a different animal, you'll have to find what's right for you. Be sure to punch the roast with some fresh garlic cloves, S&CBP, some folks like to wrap some rosemary around the meat while it's cooking. I like mint jelly on the table for lamb, personal taste, grew up with it. RAY
DSCN4201.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky