I"M GETTING A NEW HIP FOR CHRISTMAS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good luck, Al! I’m having a partial knee replacement next Friday. Fourth knee surgery. There’s nothing better than posting on Percocet, you have a built in excuse! :D

Al
I had mine done three years ago.. three weeks of hell . But nothing compared to the pain before the replacement.. it is so worth it.. I don’t even think about my hip anymore it is pain free and better than new.. one word of advise. Go to rehab!!!! It works..
Best of luck...

Best of luck. You will be fine.

Prayers from our family.

I'll try again.

Here's to a speedy recovery Al, prayers sent. You'll need that hip to control the Stang.

Chris

Wow, on your way to being the Six Million Dollar Man, cool!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and rehab, strength to your wife to deal with you during this time and may your Docs/nurses be the best.
And lastly, may Your Christmas bring happiness, joy ans blessings to you and your family, and the New Year bring a new level of physical freedom from the nagging hip of yesteryear.

Keep a positive attitude and listen to the doctor and the PT people. I drove home 3 days after my first replacement. The second one I was home 46 hours after waking up in recovery. If you have the option, See about a spinal block instead of general anesthesia. 15 minutes after I woke up I was in my room. It is so nice not to have to live on pain meds. Good luck.

Thoughts and prayers heading your way Al! dont sweat the surgery ive had 2 surgery's on my ankle and a hernia surgery, just relax and let the doc and nurses do what they do and everything will be okay!

You will have to re-learn your golf swing... HAHA.... piece of cake.... See you back here in a day or two.... Just put 2-bits in the "help my buddy Al" jar....

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas!
I'm getting more nervous each day, but a little Johnny Walker Red helps!:)
Al

Well fellas, unless something happens to me before Wednesday, I'll be in the hospital getting a new hip. I gotta tell you it really sucks getting old. I have been having problems with my hip for years & Judy finally demanded that I go see a Doctor. He said my hip needed to be replaced right now. I said, can't it wait a couple of years & he said it wouldn't last 2 years. So I bit the bullet & I scheduled the surgery. This is the first time I have ever had any surgery other than my tonsils & appendix when I was a kid, so needless to say I'm a bit nervous (scared to s&^t) would be more applicable. And after the fiasco Bear's wife Linda had I'm not looking forward to this at all. I'll probably be out of touch for a couple of days after the surgery & if I can get to my computer I'll probably be rambling on in my pain killer induced stupor. Anyhow I hope all of you guys & gals have a very Merry Christmas! Oh, I have 15# of Berkshire belly bacon that will be ready to slice tomorrow, so I'll probably put up a thread about that. And at least I'll have plenty of BLT's to eat in my recovery!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky