I Have The Best Brother In Law

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got her home yesterday evening.
IMG_1831.jpeg
IMG_1835.jpeg

Took a couple of the kids for a ride when we got home
IMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg

Jeep turned out nicer than I even expected

Looks awesome Jake! You're gonna enjoy the heck out of that ride. Once again, you're BIL is one hell of a great person.

Reactions: TNJAKE
What a sweet ride, awesome restoration. A lot of work and dollars have been put into that, Your BIL must be an amazing person. Very happy for you.

Nice ride.... can I ask if you have tried CBD in conjunction with THC Jake? The combo really helps my little bro with his PTSD induced seizures and panic attacks. I hope you have not and that it helps you as much as it helps him.
Dan

Every time this thread comes back up I have to look at all the pictures again he sure put a lot of work in to that thing and it shows. What an awesome ride

Every time this thread comes back up I have to look at all the pictures again he sure put a lot of work in to that thing and it shows. What an awesome ride
Thanks Jerry he really surprised me. Love it. If you're ever up my way stop by and we'll go for a ride

Reactions: daveomak
WOW! You do have the best BIL. I had a 82 Scrambler that I had bought new. Fast forward, married, kids, 2 seater and had to sell for a sedan. As you said you do what you have to for the family. Enjoy the ride.

WOW! You do have the best BIL. I had a 82 Scrambler that I had bought new. Fast forward, married, kids, 2 seater and had to sell for a sedan. As you said you do what you have to for the family. Enjoy the ride.
Yeah he's been pretty good to me over the years. Love this thing!

Morning smokers. Got a pretty big shock last night. A little back story.......

I don't drive much for the last 10yrs or so due to ptsd and a seizure disorder. I have always had a deep love for jeeps. In 2009 I bought a '91 Jeep YJ. Loved that thing. Shortly after I started with seizures and stopped driving pretty much. At the time we home schooled our 4 kids. Jeep sat in the carport and was taken out rarely for a back road drive through the country. After years of sitting we put our kids in private Christian School and I needed some quick cash for a tuition payment. Reluctantly sold my jeep. Wife said it broke her heart for me because she knew I loved it. We do what we have to do for our kids though and have never regretted my decision..........fast forward to 2020. The crappiest year ever or so I thought. 2 years ago my brother in law bought a '85 Jeep Scrambler. A pretty rare and highly sought after Jeep. He's spent the last 2 years restoring. Has a straight 6 and automatic transmission. Both New. The entire thing has been rhino lined inside out and underneath. Including the body. Most all parts replaced. Brand new set of mickey thompson baja tires. LED headlights.
New hard top. He finished the build yesterday and sent me pictures last night. I immediately became jealous lol. Ten minutes later he called me to let me know he built that jeep for me. I was blown away and never saw that coming. Hard to hold back the tears just posting this. We are heading to hernando ms to pick it up Saturday morning and I can't wait. Here's some pictures. I'll post more SaturdayView attachment 464952View attachment 464953View attachment 464954View attachment 464955View attachment 464956View attachment 464957View attachment 464958View attachment 464959View attachment 464960View attachment 464961View attachment 464962View attachment 464963
I am blessed to have such an awesome brother in law
My God-What a Fellow he is. God didn't make many that way!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Jake, when I saw your Scrambler, my mouth drooled. When I read the story behind it, my eyes watered--NOW I have a soaking wet face and shirt. LOL Thanks again for sending that story and those beautiful pictures. I have had so many Jeeps in my days, I have turned 2 of them over. I "stuck" a new one so bad that no one could get to it--no wrecker--nothing with a winch. 2 weeks later I hired a bulldozier to get it. When it was picked up, it left part of a gas line and a drive shaft. It happened on the coldest day ever still--in Georgia(I think). minus 6 degrees. I froze that sucker in.. Gawd---the good old days of wild women, Jeeps, and alcohol. Lived through both rollovers, a red headed woman, and a lot of whiskey to get old as heck....but fantastic memories. Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky