I HAVE NO IDEA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What kind of smoker are you using?

I always do it that way. The meat will only take in smoke for about 3hrs, so why waste the wood after that? I read on here some guys finish off in the oven after 3hrs of smoking.

As Piney says, it would be helpful to know what kind of smoker you are using. It's a little hard to answer your question without a little more info.

I always do it that way. The meat will only take in smoke for about 3hrs, so why waste the wood after that? I read on here some guys finish off in the oven after 3hrs of smoking.

The meat should take on a smoke flavor for as long as you apply smoke to it. But after a certain temp the smoke ring will not penetrate any deeper into the meat but the smoke ring doesn't affect the taste so the longer you smoke the more smoke flavor you should have on the meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky