I guess Franklin's BBQ is back in business

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just made brisket..... IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5233.JPG

Reactions: Rings Я Us
I just can’t get down waiting more than 15-20 minutes for food.

Anybody ever have food that was worth waiting a few hours for?

I hear ya. My Q isn’t award winning but I’m not waiting in line for it.

I don’t know about franklins. Never had it. I was however in Dallas a few years ago and I went to Lockhart’s bbq a few times and it’s hands down the best brisket I’ve ever had. No line either time I went but I heard they do run out of meat daily.

I just can’t get down waiting more than 15-20 minutes for food.

Anybody ever have food that was worth waiting a few hours for?

Yes, although i did not have to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seated and another 5 to get the food rolling (reservations are the key). It was at a place in Myrtle Beach South Carolina called Rioz. its a Churrascaria style Brazilian Steakhouse. They have a giant buffet/salad bar (with a ton more than salad on it) and while its good the star is the wood fire cooked meat. they have about 15 kinds of meat prepared and they give you a coin that is red on one side and green on the other. when you have your coin on green the wait staff offers meat to you and when you turn it red they don't bother you. The meat is different preparations of pork, chicken, sausage, beef, and lamb. it is all great. you stay as long as you like and e as much as you want. i would wait a few hours to eat there, but hopefully i can get reservations so i don't have to! If you ever see a Brazilian Steakhouse (Churrascaria style) it may be pricey but its worth every penny!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I went to Franklin's about a year and a half ago. It was a long wait but I figured it might be my only chance to go. Best brisket I have had before. Met some fun people in line and had a couple of beers while waiting so it wasn't a horrible time waiting. For those of you who want to make it there i say go for it!

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky