I cooked a whole hog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looks awesome!...I've been wanting to do one forever...it's like a BBQ bucket list thing...I just need to find enough people to eat it all

Awesome! Lot of work involved with a whole pig, but looks great!
I've done a few over the years. I've cooked at camps all across the SE U.S....did a whole pig in Georgia, and one In Arkansas. Did a small 30# wild hog whole and it was my best yet.

I'd love to be a part of a whole hog cook. I think the amount of work would be too intimidating for me to take on on my own, but I would enjoy teaming up for one. An uncle of mine did one at a family reunion many years ago, but I was only about 19 years old and put in charge of the beans (which were a huge hit).
Looks great!

so how'd ya close that lid with the snout sticking out??

Man that looks great and brings back memories. Haven't done one since I was a Sr in high school.....some 40 + yrs ago in a pit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky