I commited Hiway Robbery today!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin vegas

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yes boys, today I committed HIWAY ROBBERY at Smart and Final.    Check out these goregous tri tips.  Got them for 50% off the usual price at S & F is excellent $3.29 where other stores mark them up to $5.99.  I got these bad boys at 50% off instead of $55.80 I got them for $27.68.  Oh Yeah!!!  
yahoo.gif
I am getting ready to throw one of these bad boys in the smoker now.  They are untrimmed so I have to do a little amount of trimming but no much.
91e53761_tritip003.jpg

6d3bdc07_tritip006.jpg

You can see that there is a membrane that needs to be trimmed off right hand corner direct below you can see the membrane trimmed and pulled back.

33881aba_tritip008.jpg

My favorite knife I found at a garage sell!!!  It is so sharp I love it!  Somebodys husband is probably crying the blues for this knife his wife gave away for pennies.

99a29379_tritip012.jpg

Last edited:
Love Tritip and you are right - you stole them at that price  

YEP!!!!  That is so right!!!!  Oh Yeah!!!  I'm smokin' today!!!
yahoo.gif
439.gif
yahoo.gif

I thought I was posting this is the beef thread then noticed it was in the wood one.  Can I change that?

Great buy don't forget the rest of the Qview. I moved the thread to the Beef section

Great deal. Only think I dont like about S+F is that its select grade not choice but still a hell of a deal.

All the tri tip I have bought there has been incredibily good and tender.    Their pork ribs are very good too. 

Lots more pictures will be posted later after it comes out of the smoker.  I did take some of meat after I put the rub on it.   I am using an electric Cajun Injector Smoker but I used hickory chips to add smoke flavor.  All I use is about a tablespoon an hour for good smokey flavor.  Hubby wanted to buy townhouse/condo he hates yard work and my back has not been good.  SOOOOO  here we are in a condo but hey it is all paid for totally.  We have to follow Clark County, Nevada  laws no flame law in condos townhouse and apartments. 

Last edited:
Tri tip before going in the smoker just put the rub home made rub on it.

3db5385d_asteal006.jpg

Smoke @ 200 degrees for 6 hours used hickory chips

f14559ef_asteal012.jpg

d54ec6af_asteal014.jpg

Got these bad boys on sale @ S & F chicken breast were for sale @ 99 cent a pound.  I think they had a flock of birdzillas.  Huge,huge

chicken breasts.  I had to smoked them for 5 hours @ 200 degrees.

90845437_asteal010.jpg

38f82a7f_spicepics001.jpg

012f79ef_asteal016.jpg

I use a middle eastern recipe for marinated dried min, cilantro, cumin, fennel, garlic so I made a yogurt

sauce out of yougurt 2 tablespoons of sesasoning, grated cucumber and chopped green onions.

Sliced chicken put on flat spooned on Yougurt sauce and topped with diced tomatoes.

324951c9_morrocan011.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!  You are so right there is alot you can do with the chicken breasts!   And when you apply a herb rub to them or marniate them it seems like they are even better the second day. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky