I’ve a question...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Miss Piggy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 24, 2018
I’m new to posting in this group but am a confused (not an unusual position in which to find myself) as to which forum to actually post. For instance, I’m seeing specific meats here instead of in the pork or lamb section of the forums. How do you determine where to post? Is there some sort of criteria? Thanks!

I’m new to posting in this group but am a confused (not an unusual position in which to find myself) as to which forum to actually post. For instance, I’m seeing specific meats here instead of in the pork or lamb section of the forums. How do you determine where to post? Is there some sort of criteria? Thanks!

My guess is that some people also are confused or not sure where to post, possibly due to being new to the forum. They choose "General Discussion" as it would seem to be a one-size-fits-all category to post into. It's not uncommon. I know for a while, until I learned my way around here a little better, I posted everything in General Discussion. After seeing that the moderators move the post to the appropriate sub forum, I started catching on and paying closer attention. If you're posting steak, it'd go into the beef forum. Pork butt, into the pork forum, and so forth....as if I really need to be so blatantly obvious :emoji_wink: If it's totally off the wall...and yes that happens too, it'd probably go into General discussion.

Robert

My guess is that some people also are confused or not sure where to post,Pork butt, into the pork forum, and so forth....as
Robert

Thank you, Robert! That’s what I thought but then when I saw so many posts here that I thought should go other places... Anyway, I wanted to ask and got my answer.

Thank you, Robert! That’s what I thought but then when I saw so many posts here that I thought should go other places... Anyway, I wanted to ask and got my answer.

Multiple meat cooks fit here . Ribs and chicken in the same cook ,,, Chuck roast and pulled pork smoked and posted together .

Reactions: Miss Piggy
I move the posts to their appropriate sub forum. First, this is a Smoking Meat forum and posts should pertain to that. For Mixed meats, they should go into the General Discussion area. Pork, Beef, etc. should be self-explanatory. A variety of Beef, such as Beef tongue, flank steak and skirt steak can all be posted in he Beef section as it is the same classification of animal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky