Hydroponics Growing System Indoors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best Buy has the AeroGarden - Farm 12XLon sale for $300.
I'll have to check it out. I may pull the trigger on a used setup an hour away. 4' deep x 8' long 6' high Vivosun reflective grow tent with 2 Vivosun 4000 LED grow lights and fans. Over $1000 new mad he's asking $600. I could winter a good amount of full pepper plants for sure. Maybe a tomato and few herbs too.

chopsaw chopsaw Rich, I thinking of getting another unit and use one for the smaller herbs? The basil and dill are out of control and the stalks are so thick. I thinking of trimming them way down and see if will survive. I been using the EC meter to measure food but it always in the 3000's. Not sure that the way to go. I got the AeroGarden Liquid Plant Fertilizer and might just use the amount they say to add every two weeks. None of my other herbs took but maybe if do them away from the basil and dill might go?

Reactions: chopsaw
The basil and dill are out of control
Brian , when you look at your Basil , find the spot under the full size leaves where the stalk forks out . Look for small leaves starting to sprout out of the fork . Take that cut , leaving the new growth . Hard to see , but you can see a small leaf starting left of where the stalk has been already cut . The 2 sections left and right of that cut used to be tiny leaves . Need to cut them and let the new growth take . Keeps the heigth in check .
1691693385568.png

The dill and basil go crazy . You just have to cut it back , you'll never use it all . I have a bunch of dried dill from last year . It's fantastic . Strong smell and flavor , so just keep taking cuts and dry it . I just set mine on a paper plate on the counter . Do the same with the basil , but sometimes I put it in the 360 air fryer set to dehydrate .

My rosemary wasn't doing much . I took a cutting to use in some chicken broth , and the whole plant took off . I'm gonna have to start drying that too .

Anyway , to your question . Last year when my basil got big , my rosemary and dill died back . I don't think they got enough light or food . So try trimming it and see what happens .

I got the AeroGarden Liquid Plant Fertilizer and might just use the amount they say to add every two weeks.
That's what I do . I'm not afraid to add it sooner either . If I fill the water , I'll give it a shot of food . I use a thing made for giving babies medicine . It's like a tube with a spoon on the end . I put markes on it of 4 and 8 . I think that's oz. So I pour the food in that to which line I want , then dump it in the water .

Are you using distilled water ? I use it to start , but after that I switch to tap . Depending on the ph of the water , that could be a problem too .
Kurt dr k dr k really helped me with mine when I started .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky